The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I'm Too Positive For My Own Good


So, today was really different than yesterday. Just so you know I'm not a pansy or a wuss, or really actually that bad off. The weakness I had yesterday passed and today I'm good, as so often is the case with this Fibro. (One day I'm doing TaeBo, the next I'm flat on my back fighting the fatigue, and the day after that I'm chasing my son down the street yelling at him to "get back here right now, mister!") Yesterday, I could barely walk. I mean, I did walk, but it was hard. Walking upstairs put me out of breath. I couldn't lift my little boy to the monkey bars. And it was hard and frustrating. But once I realized it was the Fibro, I relaxed and didn't worry so much. It was, all in all, a good day.

(Excuse me while I throw up a bit over that excessive positivity.)

Today? Well, I took him for a bike ride. I didn't realize it was so far, but after we walked back home and I checked the distance in the car (while we went to pick up his bike, which he rode so hard it broke -- okay, so it didn't break; the chain came off and the da&% chain-guard was in the way and I couldn't get the da#@ chain back on after several minutes of cursing trying)....

We walked 2.5 kilometres (1.5 miles for my American friends). Holy cupcakes!!! He's only four, but a real trooper. He sang "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming" to keep his spirits up and him going. He's tuckered out and boy, is he going to sleep tonight! (Yee-haw! Ahem, I mean, yay for me!)

And me...

I walked 5 kms (3.2 miles). Definitely better than yesterday. So I'm not complaining (for once!). This Fibro thing is a big ol' ugly butt. But I'm bigger and uglier, and I got it scared good.

10 comments:

  1. Darn Fibro!

    That's a lot of walking! I should take lessons from your guy and Dory and sing that whenever I'm ready to give up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, go you, Wacky Mummy! One day at a time, one step at a time, that's the only way to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never win a fight with the bike chains. Never.

    (And good for you for doing all that walking. I really need to follow your example. It's too easy to hide indoors these days.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Just keep swimming..." how adorable that you had a cheering section!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Positive is a great plan. That's what I kept doing when I had to hike 50 miles with my kid for his hiking badge.

    In fact, I was so positive that I positively know that I don't ever want to do that again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are awesome! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well. I'm glad it ebbs so you don't always feel that horrid! Here's to the good days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Am I such a tard that I had no idea you weren't from America? Is that an insult? Haha...keep up the good work. If you stop moving, that's when you're in real trouble (from the sister of a lupus patient).

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love his song. glad you 2 are having a good (if sometimes hectic, sometimes tiring) summer.

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh