The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Limbo and Weddings and Photography, Oh My!

Hi there. It's me!

I don't know if I'm back. Yet. Just had to drop in and update.

But first I have to apologize. I've become a bit of a recluse lately. And a lurker. I'm visiting around at other blogs, just not making my presence known much. I don't know what's wrong with me.

I'm also having some hesitation with the whole blog thing. My blog, not anyone else's. I have to confess I'm not that much into it anymore. It's just not doing anything for me... not thrilling my soul (no, really, I have one!) like it used to. I don't need it the same way... it doesn't seem to fill a present need. (It's kind of sad, actually.)

That's not to say the community I've found isn't important. Each person I've met through this medium is important to me somehow. But I've changed too. I'm much more reclusive... less likely to reach out now... and that's not really like me. I'm here, and yet, not.

So I'm just sitting back to see what happens next. I'm kind of in limbo, but mostly feeling like I've outgrown Wacky. I'm just not sure where to go or what to do next.

But...

Here's something I have done. And a part of what is weighing on my mind and affecting my life right now. Some samples of a pre-wedding shoot I did. (You can click on one to see the rest on Flickr.)

I just have to say here that this was one of the best times I had photographing anyone. They were so easy to work with! And they are so in love... even melted my rock-hard ice-cold heart.


His adoration


Sharing a moment


* * * * *

I'm thinking of starting a website... but deciding on these things takes time and money and courage... 2 of which I don't have. (If your guess is that I've got time, well, that would be quite right.)

I've got more bookings. I'm excited. No... really, I am.

Just not sure how to move into the future. You know?

Any advice?

6 comments:

  1. Great pictures! It's really nice to have someone melt your heart every now and then...wait...I had to finish puking in my mouth! JUST KIDDING!!!

    What about starting a portfolio, a website, posting things on FB, and getting some business cards. That's what I would do! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every creative person will go through a block and/or change. Both are good, both have a purpose, and you will find your inspiration and direction, I am sure so just go with it and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe summer isn't the easiest time to blog. I know I'm struggling with it, but I don't want to give it up either.

    The wedding photos are amazing! What a lucky couple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why don't you use your blog as your website? So more photos less writing? Just and idea and maybe it's an affordable way for you to transition to a website?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Koreen! Have fun figuring out what you want to do! I'm sure it will be great. :) beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh