This is ground-breaking. Not the video per se... I'll talk about that in a moment. What is completely monumental is that I've finally figured out how to post YouTube videos to a blog. Yes, I know I'm amazing. But tell me anyways.
Anyways....
This is also important... so much so that I feel the need to share it. Yes, I know, it was something I saw on facebook. And yes, it's not all new stuff. Much of it's been seen before. The message has been out there for a long time. But somehow, we're just not getting it. Watch this, and pass it on if you dare.
I haven't worn size 6 since I got sick with this Fibro. I started getting lines around my eyes in my mid-30's. I haven't worn makeup regularly since I got pregnant. I've been getting grey hair for some time now (I know this because the strands I find are so damn long that I know they've been there awhile), but somehow I remained blissfully unaware of it until a dear friend whose kindness knows no limits very thoughtfully pointed it out to me. "Damn, girl! You've got a ton of grey hair!!!" She added those exclamation points, I didn't. I was mortified, and actually thought about dying my hair. But, I didn't.
The fact is, I'm too lazy to do anything about this stuff. I'm too lazy to rectify all of my flaws character marks of stunning beauty and grace mentioned above... not that any work I can do can truly remove wrinkles laugh lines this utter gorgeousness. And as for the rest, I just can't be bothered.
It's not that I don't want to look good... it's that I don't really care about it. Particularly if it takes physical effort. So ... no surgery, intensive beauty routines, make-up, diets, punishing work-outs... I've basically let myself go. (It's that fundamental laziness I mentioned.)
((I do brush my hair once in a while, but that's about it.))
(((Just so that you know I'm not completely devoid of civilization.)))
((((Okay, so I am devoid of civilized behavior... mostly... but let's keep that our little secret here.))))
What I like most about the video? I don't have to feel so bad now about letting myself go.

LOL! Yeah, I brush my hair too, and that's about it. :)
ReplyDelete"The fact is, I'm too lazy to do anything about this stuff."...it's not a question of being too lazy; it's a question of not trying to be something that's impossible. Thanks for sharing the video.
ReplyDeleteLove that! It's so true and has really come into my focus through teaching middle school aged kids and having my own kids.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for this video - I posted a link to your post on my FB page... it's critical that the message get out. I'm terrified for my baby girls down the road... I've struggled with an eating disorder in the past and I'm always critical of myself and it makes me think twice about my priorities. Thanks for sharing and thanks for being so honest! I'll be by to read more, for sure!
ReplyDeletehttp://gallagherfam.blogspot.com
And it reinforces my mad girl-crush on Kate Winslet.
ReplyDeleteThis is such an important video! Thank you so much for posting this.
ReplyDeleteIt is sad what those media images can do to women and young girls. I love Kate Winslet for standing up and letting us know that she was photo-shopped. I love seeing CIndy without her makeup. Gorgeous both ways but more realistic without it.
ReplyDeleteWomen with children should be completely exempted from the supermodel theory. Let the anorexic 20 year olds play that game; we know better. Wisdom is on our side.
ReplyDelete