The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Another Before And After

It's that time again... time for another edit, another before-and-after shot. Luckily for me I've been editing my little eyeballs out, so I have a fresh crop of photos here. (Or is it batch? Flock? Group? Pride? My little brains are sore from all the editing too.)

This is from a wedding I did in August. Yes, I know I'm super slow with the processing. I just found so many I liked out of the 800 or so photos I took that I'm actually doing a whole lot more than I ever intended. And I'm playing with new things I'm learning. It's fun and exhausting.

But enough about that. On to the photo. Or actually, photos. These were some of my favorites.

I felt that these photos were all about the drama. Beautiful bride, dramatic moments, soft moments, sweet moments. They were all there.

SOOC:















Edited:

Bride and her father


This was such a sweet shot when I viewed it after the wedding that I knew I had to try to put some of what I felt into it.


SOOC:





















Edited:

They did

I was trying out some parchment effects here. I'm not sure what I think about it, but it's certainly a soft and dramatic moment.

Overall, I added some warmth and softness to these photos.


Taken with my Canon Rebel XSi, and edited with PS Elements.



**************************


Beth is featuring photographer's choice today at I Should Be Folding Laundry.


Photobucket



18 comments:

  1. Great edits. Love both of them. Wonderful job. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that first shot! What a perfect capture! I like the edits too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful edits! You should do some tutorials :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY VERY nice shots. I am sure the bride and groom are thrilled with them. And personally, I love the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a good reminder of why and how editing makes a difference. They're are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are beautiful, I like the warmth you added to them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These shots are wonderful and the edits are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the edits! You truly captured the soft and dreamy look. The parchment texture is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them, so soft and beautiful. Great Captures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That first one is great! Luv the aged look and the color of his jacket & the bow on her dress....luv it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like it!

    That's what's missing from event photography--the drama. Hate staged photos; those candid moments are what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete
  12. totally unusual and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree about the tutorials . . . I'd love to learn! I'm new to photography and Photoshop (since about February) and the more I learn the more I realize I don't know . . .

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, Koreen...especially the second shot!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh