The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

And Then I Was Forced To Do Nothing


I haven't been here much lately. October is flying by, and my thoughts are rarely in the here-and-now. Even when I'm not busy, my thoughts are full of what is going to happen next, my plans, my shoulds, my need-to's. When I have slowed down and emptied my brain, I consume books. The local librarians know me by name and chat about stuff like we're friends. Which, I guess we might be given my love of books and the fact that I'm in there several times a week.

But I was forced to slow down today. See, I got sick.

Now I've been sick before. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia several years ago. But in the last six months or so, I think I've been getting better. Due to a strange series of events, I cut out gluten and gratuitous starches from my diet. Guess what. I have no fibro symptoms. I've been healthy. Feeling better than I have in years. (Despite the fact that there are no exclamation marks used here, it's only because I'm typically not an exclamation mark kind of girl. These statements totally deserve exclamation marks, so feel free to imagine them.) It's a freedom I didn't expect to experience again. Especially since the way it's impacted my life: I'm on the go again, doing stuff, having energy, no pain, clearer headed.

And now I'm sick. Again. But not with fibro. I have a cold... a head cold with laryngitis. So it's a day that's lately unusual for me, where I'm forced to do nothing.

I don't know if I can handle it.

As a distraction, and let's face it, nothing more than a photo of wacky awesomeness, here's something I'm proud of:

Using the force

My boy fighting the dark side of the force in his pjs, sweater and Canadiana touque. So, what if he doesn't know one end of his light saber from another? He's still on the light side.

And here, because it's too awesome NOT to share.

Canadiana

Happy stay-at-home-and-do-nothing-all-day Thursday.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's a good thing to slow down. He's so precious... and you are an awesome mama. Congrats on your photog biz success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that he is in his own form of "dress up"- it gives me hope that Bear will continue to wear his on wacky, wonderful outfits for years to come!

    It is hard to slow down, but think of how energized you will be after it? I mean if you can take these cool pictures just while winding down? That's talent Koreen!
    (ps noticing that I guess I am an exclamation mark kind of gal)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO glad for your newfound health. And your son is so full of personality, I just know he'd blend in well here with my wacky boys. That pleases me.

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh