The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Friday, July 11, 2008

And So It Goes


Another Friday night, home alone, relaxing, nothing to do.... It's MY NIGHT. The Boy is at Nannie and Apma's house, his traditional Friday night routine, and I won't see him until Saturday afternoon. I have no-one yelling at me or crying. There's no wrestling a stinking drippy diaper off a shrieking sweaty short person. No tip-toeing around after The Boy is asleep because EVERYTHING echoes in this tiny dungeon. I am free and on vacation. Yay! Whoo!

There also no little body to lean on me as he's sucking his baba. (Yes, I know.) No big drips of Almond Breeze pouring down his shirt because I just can't resist making him laugh when he's relaxed and serious and in The Baba Zone. No warm pudgy hand holding mine as he's falling asleep. No soft face to kiss Just One More Time. Sigh. I miss the little guy.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww. Look at that face! No wonder you miss him. Now, go make some noise! Play loud music! Do cartwheels! Oops. Not cartwheels. I've seen your "dungeon". No room for cartwheels.

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh