The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Friday, July 18, 2008

A Few Of My Favorite Things

I love those blogs wherein the blogger has a list of 20 to 50 (!) questions to answer. I love to read them and see what makes people tick and sometime tock, but I'm lazy. Too much work. Not enough interest in myself to figure out the questions. So instead, I'm plagarizing another idea of listing a few of my favorite things. These are things I wish I could give to friends... at least the feeling I get from these items if not the items themselves. (Sorry, Oprah, but I don't think I'm your real competition in this market. Read on to find out why.)

1. Kraft Dinner (Kraft Macaroni & Cheese for the Americans) cooled down to room temperature, almost cold, smothered in ketchup. Mmmmm.

2. I believe the appropriate side dish/vegetable to be eaten with hot dogs is: asparagus. Skinny narrow food goes together. Trust me on this.

3. Kettle Krinkle Kut chips, Salt & Pepper flavor. It's the main reason I need to start an exercise routine. I'll let you know how my thinking on that goes.

4. Early mornings (before 9 am) on the seashore with The Boy before the fog rolls in. It's early, it's bright, The Boy is not too wound up yet, and there's always great exciting things to discover, like baby shrimp crawling around, dead and drying smelt (baby anchovy-type fish), and jellyfish to examine and avoid, not to mention all the little old men and ladies out for their morning constitutional who get to have a 2 year old boy run up to them and proudly display the stiff silvery inch and a half long fishies clutched in his sweaty little fist. I treasure each and every look of concern, amusement and horror I receive from them. I don't know who's prouder, him or me. Sniff.

5. Sleep. Period.

6. The way a good-fitting pair of jeans feels... Slimming and Sexy, more rare and satisfying than truly low-fat ice cream. It's hard to find jeans after giving birth that make you feel as good as say...

7. ... a new haircut and style when you haven't been to the hairstylist in over a year. Very sassy!

8. Being body-slammed out of the blue by my favorite short person who, with arms wrapped tight around my legs, yells into my stomach, "I 'uv 'oo too, Mum!"

9. Those last few precious minutes before sleep. As I feel myself drifting off I literally sometimes get the feeling of free-falling. Makes me giddy and happy and ready for a refreshing deep sleep every time.
10. This look, given while eating a pear, with pear juice dribbling down his chin:

I might continue this list in the future, but as I feel sleep coming on and I don't want to miss the best part (see #9), I'm powering down this hunk of plastic and crashing. Good night all!

1 comment:

  1. I love the last one. How did you resist eating him up? He's absolutely adorable...and that look says he knows it!

    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh