The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Monday, July 14, 2008

Interesting tidbits The Boy has surprised me with:

“Go now.” (This from the eternally mummy-suck boy as I’m dropping him off at Nannie’s.)
“Dino did it.” (I can’t remember what the dinosaur did, but I’m sure it was bad.)
“Don’t eat Dino.” (What can I say? I was hungry!)
“Don’t eat my bum, Mum!” (Do I really have to explain this?!)

And my gem for the day:

In asking for his baba: “Just ONE more, Mum,” Mmwah! (Pointing his finger in the air to show me “how many”… and kisses me… from a boy who often has to be convinced to kiss because I violate the day’s quota.)

*****

Obviously not a lot going on right now, other than the endless tasks of a stay-at-home mum: setting up the wading pool in the yard, playing with The Boy, and taking him to the beach every day. A mum's work is never done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh