I promised this post, so I have to deliver. And I have to hurry because my right eye is swollen and itchy and extremely painful. And the last time that happened I had a teeny tiny piece of metal in my cornea (same eye) and had to be on Vicodin for a week, and while parts of that wasn't so bad (Vicodin - yay!), it was hellishly painful and I'm terrified that I've gone and pulled another WackyMummy (an accident prone thing) like here or here, and in a new town, no car, don't know anybody yet, and with a preschooler to boot. Great start for my week. So, yeah, I'm rushing to get this done before I can't see and have to be laid up for a week. Because I just know it would happen. (Knock on wood for me, would ya?)
So back to this. A toaster. Funny thing, this toaster.
It's a DeLonghi.
It's shiny. It's new. And WackyMummy loves shiny, new things. My head has been turned in the past by items in this category. I'm often not much more evolved than a chimp or a kitten discovering the fun of the flashlight game.
It's shiny. It's new. And WackyMummy loves shiny, new things. My head has been turned in the past by items in this category. I'm often not much more evolved than a chimp or a kitten discovering the fun of the flashlight game.
But look at what it does:
It's the most elaborate toaster I've ever had. Not that it cleans my toilet or does my taxes. But it looks awesome. (And it was fun to browse online and pick it out. It's a shopping thing.)
See those rectangular things at the bottom? Push-out crumb trays! (Yes, I'm easy. I told you.)
Okay, so it's a toaster and all it does is toast things. (Food, to clarify.) It does what every other toaster does. And it works just fine. It really does. I also got to replace my old dirty disgusting 2-slice toaster from the dark ages and have this delivered to my new house, so I didn't have to pack it. Double yay!
But I am disappointed.
Although it's from a reputable apparently renowned home appliance designer, what I was hoping for in precision Italian engineering was more along the lines of this:
**********************
* Thanks to CSN Promotions Team and http://www.csnstores.com for this unique, rare, and probably once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. They were awesome to work with, answering all my annoying questions and emails and everything!
And yes, I'm very happy with my toaster for all that it does, and the fact that I don't have to use a fork over the stove anymore.


Wow, what a sophisticated toaster ! I know DeLonghi very well it has all kind of household appliances.
ReplyDeleteAs you were complaining about the design, by curiosity I googled in Europe and found this :
http://www.twenga.fr/dir-Electromenager,Petit-dejeuner,Grille-pain-450,
I hope the eye thing clears up and isn't as bad as you are dreading. That would be very stressful for me. Love the toaster. I'll have to keep it in mind when my run-of-the-mill but currently functioning toaster dies.
ReplyDeleteOWWW! I hope your eyeball is okay!
ReplyDeleteI adore those retro-looking toasters! I've always wanted one!
hehe, that funny! I love the new toaster; looks very futuristic. Have fun toasting, defrosting, and reheating in that baby :)
ReplyDeleteHope your eye feels better soon. That is one purty and fancy toaster.
ReplyDeleteI will bear that in mind next time I'm buying a toaster! But I fear bells & whistles--more things to go wrong if there are more "features," right?
ReplyDeleteIt does look nice!
ReplyDeleteOh my GOSH I hope your eye is OK! Please, update us!
ReplyDeleteTotally cool toaster but I was blinded by your backsplash. Love it!
This toaster is a sleek beauty, and I hope your eye is ok.
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing toaster! Awesome! And this post made me laugh too, :-)
ReplyDeleteI love the push out crumb tray. Oh my goodness. I want one of those : )
ReplyDeleteso sheek and a tray to catch crumbs? I think I'm in love!
ReplyDelete