The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Prayer Chain For Andrew


I was going to whine about some stuff... because I'm just not having the best week -- mystery eye infection, no car, freak snow-storm, no snow gear, etc. Crappy stuff, sure. Makes me grouchy. And hey, I'm a whiner. I'm the first to admit it.

But I'm not in a happy-complaining mood. I'm seriously down in the dumps. Thing is, it's not about me, for once.

My thoughts are consumed about a little boy who just had surgery to remove a cancerous tumor behind his eye, and are constantly with his mom, who is, I'm sure, freaking out about it. I haven't met this little 2-year-old boy, but his mom is a friend; and his family is a wonderful, caring family who are angels to the people around them. I've been a bit distracted and have tears in my eyes every time my thoughts turn to them.

In all seriousness, no joking here (as I'm usually full of $#*!), they need your prayers.

This is a request for a prayer chain for them. Little guy is facing a year of chemo to be sure the cancer is gone. Remember him, his mom and his family in your prayers.

Spread the word.

(And hug your little ones a little tighter, too.)


9 comments:

  1. Julie and Andrew have been on my mind and heart too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be sending some white light their way. What a frightening thing to face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can certainly count me in too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Consider a prayer said! How awful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Consider it done! And thank you for being the sweet, caring soul YOU are to make this prayer chain happen!

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh