The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Update On Moving


Countdown to moving day: just trying to keep up. Here's where we're at... more or less.

Cat taken to vet to check on health and order a sedative as she's a carry-on: don't need a sedative as vet recommends human gravol to keep her calm. Vet also recommends monstrous dental cleaning and reconstructive work on cat's broken and infected tooth. 24 hours later: cat is recovering nicely with the sweetest breath she's had in years (which could clear a room before) and WackyMummy wallet is $400 lighter. Consensus: WackyMummy is the worst cat mummy ever.

Crap we own that we're keeping: packed and shipped.

Crap we own that we're packing to take on the plane: packed and repacked and re-organized and laying all over the house waiting for the final countdown to get our butts (all three of them) to the plane.

Crap we own that we're trying to get rid of: um... help?

Days left until we haul our crap outta here: (crickets chirping)

Summary -- I still have to sell some stuff, give the rest away, reorganize the last of our stuff, and then clean our (old) house top to bottom. Before getting on the plane. To a house we do not yet own.
Please excuse me while my head explodes.

But...

But there's also this... this has been on my mind as we prepare to go... the friends we (finally) made and will be leaving behind. I can only speak for myself and (being all sentimental and stuff) have to say: the distance separates, but the love and friendship will stay with me and my boy, and we will remember.

Distance separates, but the friendships remain

12 comments:

  1. Thinking of you guys... hang in there :) You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes... it can be overwhelming, i know. hang in there mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smiles and happy thoughts are being sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending energy and productivity your way! And when you think you can't keep going, take a whiff of that sweet kitty-cat breath. =>

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, loved the picture collage of your friends you are leaving behind :(. Good luck with all of that! I LOVE your new blog title pic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the collage. Good luck on the move. Love the new header pic too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful collection of photos! They look like good people!

    And sorry about the kitty teeth--that's a big bill!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with everything! I think it's exciting to start all over in a new place - a fresh start - I'm actually a little envious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've summed up all the horror of moving. But your ending is fantastic! Such a collage of memories!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful and great arrangement of portraits. I love them all! Good luck with your move! I am thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sending you strength and determination during this final stretch. Pack up all those memories carefully ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I liked the beautiful collage, but I liked more you beautiful words. I almost cry when I read them. Thanks a lot my friend. You and Even are wonderful people. We love you and we will always remember you too. We wish you the best.

    *******

    Me encanto la coleccion de fotos que hiciste, pero mas me gustaron tus hermosas palabras. Casi lloro cuando las lei. Muchas gracias amiga. Tu y Evan son maravillosas personas. Los queremos y siempre los recordaremos tambien. Les deseamos lo mejor.

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh