The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

A Note To Dads (And Moms)


I read something today that needs to be shared. It's from Single Dad Laughing. I had never heard of him before, but a post of his was circulating on facebook this morning that just got me. It needs to be read. It begs to be read.


You've seen it; I've seen it. We've probably close to this on those days when everything is getting on our last nerve. It's normal to be frustrated with our kids. After all, kids are really good at being kids. But they're still people.


Just go read it. Absorb it. Let it affect you. And then pass it on.


You Just Broke Your Child. Congratulations.



4 comments:

  1. Is that old stereotype about men still true? Do they still think they have to be unfeeling, strict disciplinarians to be men? Have we not gotten anywhere in the past 100 years?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for steering me in this direction. That was magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this, Koreen...very fortunate to have had a good dad! Jim is a great dad, and my almost son-in-law is great too! Luckily, Jim has helped make up for my daughters' less-than-attentive biological fathers!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow. This post broke my heart. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh