The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Here I Am


Words sit, stuck in my throat... way in the back where my breath catches and the ache builds.
So many thoughts, so many feelings.
So much to say, or not to say. (Some things are better left unsaid, but many times prove I haven't learned that lesson.)
Tired. So tired.
Dreaded anticipation waits for me, patiently. It knows I can't avoid it forever, that I will retire from my frantic busyness that I use to distract me from it. (I can be very distractible.)

Good things happening in life don't erase the bad. Or negate it. They just share the same space.
Tension still flows. And builds.
Problems erupt and are solved.
Phone calls are made.
So are tough choices.
And sometimes dumb luck happens too.
Or not.
And the anxiety that flows and weaves around each particle in this existence plays me until I am worn and shriveled.
Tired and terrified.
And I hide. Cold. Shaking. Waiting.
Wondering where did everyone go? Her and him and her and them? And me?
That's when the loneliness hits. I distract myself again. With life.

In the end -- after the tasks are done,
tears cried,
bitterness flaunted,
laughter shared,
conversations happened,
books laid down,
camera turned off,
the last things tidied/put away/fiddled with -- here I am.


3 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better soon, Koreen...this sounds a lot like my day yesterday!

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. "here I am"

    Yes. And here you know you'll find us too. ;)

    Blogging is a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The honesty in the words you've written is both beautiful and heart-wrenching. I wish I could reach out and offer a hug, a coffee, anything to make you smile. Keep writing and expressing your feelings. I'm listening.

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh