The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Ayanna


She was spotted by a little boy on a random completely accidental unprecedented visit. Their eyes met. It was love at first sight. Kismet.

Meant to be.

Totally in love.

I could go on and on and gush some more about how they were MFEO. Good thing I'm not a gusher. And anyways, who wants to hear that coming from your mom? (Good thing he can't read yet. Or competently use the computer to find this.)

Instead of gushing, here's a photo of the newest friend of the boy's, the newest family member. And Evan's newest reason for being.

Yellow goes well with gray.  Yes it does.

The beauty of gray and yellow. This is the hottest new thing in fashion. Or so I've heard. At any rate, she wears it well.

But more about Ayanna...


Kismet


She plays like a puppy. She chases things. Anything. A crumpled up piece of paper, a cat toy, a ball, a toy car, a toy anything. Even a soccer ball.

She plays soccer. With Evan. And then when she gets bored with it, she lays down on the sidelines and watches.

Noises interest her. She doesn't run from legos skittering across the tile floor or even the big tin car hurtling into the cupboard. Rather, she runs to add her mayhem to the madness.


Ayanna


She doesn't stop moving for long. (See the motion blur here? This is a very typical photo of Ayanna.) She's a girl on the go. She has places to smell and a new house to explore. Plus, a boy that needs playing with. Those are her own words.

(He's in seventh heaven.)

She's a beauty with attitude. And obviously enjoys the finer things in life, like elegant silk scarves and our company.


However...

There is someone here who is not too happy about our newest girl. She is singing her displeasure with great enthusiasm and volume. Mostly from her hiding spot in the darkest part of my closet. But frankly, anywhere will do.

You should hear what she has to say about this situation.


Opinionated


It's not pretty. But I think Ayanna is impressed a bit by her vocabulary. Or that Chloe can curse in seven cat languages. Frankly I'm a little impressed too.

I know she'll come around eventually... in five or six months. And then they'll at least tolerate each other, if not become grooming buddies or even the best of friends.


Home


Who can resist this face?

At one time abandoned. Homeless. Unwanted.

She spent nearly a year at the SPCA. Think about that for a moment. Almost a whole year, unwanted, unloved.

But now... wanted. Loved. Home at last.


Help those animals today. If you can't adopt a pet, click here to donate for the care of animals in need of rescue or waiting for adoption.

The Animal Rescue Site

12 comments:

  1. We have adopted several cats from the SPCA. Love it. Can't have cats now, and I miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for your new cat! I'm so happy you found a good one and saved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post Koreen. LOVE it! The huge yellow eyes, the pic with the motion blur, your son's joyous face... that she was a rescue kitty... And the thought of Chloe cursing in seven cat languages, which reminds me of our rooster who has a similar talent. :)

    Now that is a great way to warm up your winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an absolutely gorgeous cat. She makes me want to get up and run to the nearest animal shelter. Your pictures are perfect too. I have absolutely no experience in taking animal photos, but I imagine that they don't exactly pose pretty for the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw! that's so sweet. I'm so happy for all three of you! and hopefully Chloe will come around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you know that made my day. lovely pix, thank you. have fun with your new furry baby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure Chloe will come around, eventually...

    I miss my kitties...can't have them now because of Jim's and his kids' allergies...

    Tabbies are my favourites!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is lovely! Chloe might take some time but with some gentle coaxing she will learn to love new family member.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful Ayanna - I can see how Evan fell for her. She's a stunner. Chloe will come around - it's her prerogative to be snooty and offish with the newcomer! Beautiful pics. Happy days to you all.
    Sunshine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh, I want to go adopt all the little kittens & puppies they have. I can't believe that beautiful creature nearly spent a year there, but I'm glad she has a happy home with Evan now. (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, sweetness! What a lesson to us all, to spend almost a year without love and affection and then to jump right back into life and play. Welcome home, Ayanna!

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh