The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

I Blinked... And Two And A Half Weeks Disappeared


It's been awhile, but... I'm still here! Life is crazy... busy crazy. Yet I'm still here.

Here's some stuff that's been happening:

Most recent: I received a very cool thing in the mail. I was lucky enough to win (and Colleen was kind enough to "let me win") this great t-shirt from as is proper. It's way too big on my son -- it goes down to his knees. But he won't take it off. At least, it took a lot of convincing to take it off for washing after wearing for 3 days straight. After all, it is his favorite color.

IMG_8871


And yes, every moment continues to be a photo op.

Colleen: thank you! You made me (and my boy) very happy. :D


Ayanna continues to adjust quite nicely to our home. We're so busy playing with her (and doing other stuff) that I really don't have any new photos of her. It's too bad because she's so darn cute. Note to self: take more photos of Ayanna!


Actually, lately I haven't been taking many photos of anything. To say it's because I've been busy is something of an understatement. There've been dentist appointments and daycare drama and stress and work and Christmas preparation and more stress and trying to remember what it is I'm supposed to be doing. It takes a lot of energy, and I'm a whole lot more disorganized than I used to be.


One of the biggest distractions is: my son. He's so darn cute and annoying at the same time. The annoying part is mostly because I don't have as much time to devote to all the other little things in my life and he requires so much more time lately than he used to, which is causing me stress. Is this a phase? A new developmental stage? Or just a change in the weather? There's much less outside time for us, so maybe he needs more "exercise". Hmmm.... I hope it snows more soon; I can get him to shovel the driveway!


And our weather has been crazy. Here's how a few weeks ago went (celsius, with farenheit in brackets):
Monday: -8 (17.6)
Tuesday: -15 (5)
Wednesday: -43 (-45)
Thursday: -12 (10.4)
Friday: 7 (44.6)
Does that seem weird to anyone?


Also, did I forget to mention the flu? The stomach flu? Twice? Thank goodness I remembered the oregano oil in time! Of course, Evan doesn't like to take it and I don't force him, but it kept me upright so I could keep doing laundry. And cleaning up vomit. And cleaning the toilets.

Tangent: How is it that a boy completely happy to roll in the dirt and pick his nose is fussy about where he vomits? No matter how much the toilet is bleached and scrubbed it's not good enough to vomit in? Apparently the floor in the kitchen, the floor in the hall, his bedroom carpet, the living room carpet, and the carpeted floor beside my bed are all his first, second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth choice. (He threw up more than once in a certain location. I'll leave it for you to guess.) He did make it to the toilet for the first incident. But that grossed him out from using it again. Go figure.


So, I'm moving on and leaving the vomit behind.

First thing to tackle: Christmas cards. I've got them ready, I've just got to do them.
Second thing: everything else.

Wish me luck. (I think I'll need it.)

11 comments:

  1. Sink works every time. Here's to your health! Salud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great that he likes the shirt so much. I only wish it fit him better. He looks awfully good in red. :)

    Sorry about all the vomit. Yikes! Maybe next time having a dedicated bowl or bucket would be an acceptable alternative to the toilet?

    Your weather is crazy. I read it as cold, colder, freakin cold, still cold, and cold enough to still feel cold. Brrrrr...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you back! That is crazy weather. Oregano oil, really? I'll have to check into that. Good luck getting the cards done, I still have to get a photo for ours. Three kids who don't sit still = mission impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can anyone say a kid isn't a photo op? Especially that one. He simply screams photo-op. Regardless of the shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He look adorable in the shirt. Hope the vomit is over. The kitty is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO fun in that shirt!
    That stinks about the flu and the weird weather. And the busy-busyness.
    I am thanking God now that none of my boys are pukers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry about the puke. I'll be so very happy when mine learn what it feels like when you're about to throw up and can actually take a few seconds to make it to the trash can or wherever. Anywhere but their beds or the carpet!

    Also, thanks for the Fahrenheit temperatures. Brrrr! =>

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh...that is cold! I am so glad you are back! I was just going to email and make sure everything was okay. At least we have facebook updates :). Sorry about the puke. yucky.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oregano oil? I want to know all about that trick! Please share!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the shirt!

    Looking forward to more photos of your new furry friend!

    Hope the barfing is over...yuck!

    Our weather has been crazy too...we had +7 C on Saturday (I pulled carrots and rutabagas out of the garden - ground still hasn't frozen!), and snow yesterday and today (not enough to cancel school, much to my children's disappointment!). It's -2 C. now.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ugh! The thought of vomiting in the toilet these days makes me want to vomit. My 4-year-old doesn't have a good aim and has stopped telling me about his little accidents.

    Crazy weather! Awesome shirt!

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh