Let's keep this short and sweet ... like Christmas. At least, when it's over it feels like it was so short.
Christmas vacation, however, starts out NOT feeling short and sweet ... as anyone with a schoolage (even preschoolage) child knows. As someone who just wants to relax and do her own thing, often involving some factors called "peace" and "quiet" which are exceedingly rare in houses wherein children reside. Yes, the selfish part of me wants that. Don't worry, I'm beating myself up over it enough so there's no need to give me the evil eye anymore.
It's hard staying in the present. It's hard letting go of what I want to do, and surrender to the child. My child lives out loud. All day. Every day. My inner child, however, hides quietly and is not easy to find. But that's okay. I don't need her. All I need to do is put away the "shoulds" and "wanna's" and embrace the noise. And the tylenol. (Maybe the valium when I need it.)
That is my biggest present to my son this year: working harder on being present.
What I wish for all of you, too -- being able to put aside concerns, worries, and whatever keeps you from relaxing and enjoying what's right there.
So, from me to you:
SOOC:

Some details on the edit: The glare on the glasses was not something I could see or anticipate (because I didn't take the picture... a friend did), and was not technically fixable. I had to zoom in between 800% and 1200% and recreate his eye, pixel by pixel group. It's far from a perfect job and doesn't really look very natural, but it looks better than the glare. Then I selectively brightened and darkened it, corrected for skin tone and brightened the eyes. I heart Elements!

Merry Christmas to you and yours! I love your photos...hard to believe we are all "grown up" with kids and all that stuff!!
ReplyDelete-Tammy
Very good edit! Nice soft light and smooth texture for an overall good shot! You have a lovely family!
ReplyDeleteYou did an amazing job! I am IMPRESSED.
ReplyDeleteWow, I'm so impressed with your edits! It looks wonderful!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat job, MErry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteWow, that's impressive! Pixel by pixel? Great job. Very nice family.
ReplyDeleteWOW!!!!!!!!!! You got some mad skillz chicka! Really, you do, I don't know if I could ever do that in a million years! Nice job!
ReplyDeleteWonderful photo. Merry [and relaxing] Christmas to you too.
ReplyDeleteGreat photo! Merry Christmas to you and yours!
ReplyDeleteWell, I must say that I'm thoroughly impressed with the edit. The photo is gorgeous. You're all so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas!!
Merry Christmas to you and your sweet boy, Koreen! =>
ReplyDeleteWow, that is impressive editing! Very cute!
ReplyDeleteThat's a wonderful goal and I love this shot. Merry Christmas.
ReplyDeleteYou did a wonderful job! Merry Christmas to you!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas! Loved your comments about the war between the "I wants" and the " I Shoulds". I'm still fighting that battle!
ReplyDeleteGreat family pic!
s
Great edit. Merry Christmas! Cute photo.
ReplyDeleteGreat shot...and as the momma of a 4 and 3 year old I ought to try the same!
ReplyDeleteGreat shot! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteQuiet? HAH! With the second home from college, they've all regressed 3 years. Ack.
ReplyDeleteHave a very merry day!
ReplyDeleteIt's loud here--and everyone is full of joy.