The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Christmas Story With Some Suspense And No Moral


Here's a heart-warming story for the Christmas season. Although the Christmas aspect might be little more than incidental, it still counts. After all, everything right now is about Christmas here.

I heard a scraping sound while I sat a lunch yesterday. I looked up and saw the cat -- Ayanna, the new cat, who obviously doesn't know any better -- had gotten behind a box I had on the counter, had her head down and was pushing my new 3-tier serving tray

The box with the dish on top


with her head across the counter, from the back, toward the edge. I yelled out "No!" and lunged for it. Of course I was in the dining area, so it took a moment to get there. However, I made it just as a third of it was hanging over the floor. Did you see in the picture how the glass plates are on top of the box? Because I'm a moron.


The dish


Thankfully I caught it in time and no dishes or cats were harmed in the making of this post.

The conclusion to the story goes like this: after shooing her off the counter and grabbing the box and dishes, I saw Ayanna race over to the tree, fling herself at it like a mad Christmas monkey and start playing hockey with the ornaments.

She's really a gremlin, deep down in her heart.


Gremlin cat


I blame myself for feeding her after midnight.



6 comments:

  1. And water! Never sprinkle them with water. =>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, god forbid if you get her wet! They multiply you know...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, cats are like kids? Feed them and they go off on a sugar high?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll never forget the time our cats knocked down our Christmas tree (real one)...I'm assuming one of them climbed it. Many broken ornaments...I was not a happy camper that day!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just...don't let her get wet! That's one mischievous critter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She may be a gemelin but she is too stinking cute.

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh