The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Alien Snowmen Came For Christmas


I wish I could write something witty, but I haven't had enough to drink tonight. I can't bring myself to be sarcastic, because I'm actually feeling somewhat connected to the universe. Or... I was until I had a few drinks.

I'll leave you with this until next time. (See Rudolf looking disapprovingly, as well as a bit bemused, at our creation?)

The sum of my Christmas


It would make a great headline: "Alien snowman invades Canadian Christmas!" or something better because the people who write headlines are paid to write good ones, not like me sitting here not having had enough to drink and unable to come up with anything remotely interesting let alone attention-grabbing.

But making these alien snowmen was fascinating. Here's a hint for your future treat-making endeavors: don't put food coloring in the Rice Krispie treats... it makes them smell like unwashed feet and taste even funkier (not that I would know, personally) .... and you're never going to get the color right.

This was our attempt at red. We used most of the bottle of color.

And I didn't adjust the saturation in this photo.

AND this monstrosity is still sitting on my counter because my little alien-maker isn't ready to throw it out. He insists he's going to eat it. But... it has yet to be eaten. He can't seem to make himself do it. I don't blame him... the thing is sagging off to one side and looks like it's going to ooze onto the floor and scurry out the door.

Great. Now I won't be able to sleep tonight.

Happy holidays, folks.

2 comments:

  1. Some days I am very glad that my kids have outgrown the rice-crispy-treat-alien stage.

    Now my monstrosities involve sweaty socks and moldy showers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll add this: Don't make rice krispie treats with those pastel marshmallows--they melt into a nasty shade of brown and taste like fruit.

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh