Continuing to be busy, I'm setting my photography on the back burner. Way at the very back where I can hardly see it and I don't even set it to simmer.
Instead, I'm working on making some more Christmas memories with the boy. Because he's only four and three-quarters once, right? And besides, when he's not whining or making other rude noises, he's pretty darn cute.
Here we decorated a gingerbread house. It was a kit. I was very disappointed. Next year, I'm making it from scratch, and if it ends up looking like the first little pig's house after the big bad wolf got through with it, I'm okay with that.
Of course, Evan has his fun sneaking treats off it over the course of days, so he's still enjoying it.
SOOC:

Here's my rework of this pretty little scene. Aside from a few soft light color layers to enhance the light, I didn't want to do too much to it. I mainly wanted to get rid of that hoodie hanging on the back of the chair. It's out of place. Of course, now it looks like he's floating in mid-air, but still an improvement. Floating is a super-power, I guess. And apparently, sneaking sugarballs off the gingerbread house so that I don't notice is also a super-power.
At least, he thinks he's sneaky.

Lovely shot - must have been so much fun making the gingerbread house! Fab edit!
ReplyDeleteYou did a great job getting that sweater our of the pictures..it can get tricky around hair for sure! I think the gingerbread house looks good too..I haven't made one of those since I was a kid!
ReplyDeleteI ♡ that sneaky little grin! You captured such a special moment... :)
ReplyDeleteGreat edit. Love his face. Too cute.
ReplyDeletegreat job taking out the shirt in the background. and the crop really lets us focus in on his face and that awesome gingerbread house.
ReplyDeleteYou did such a great job removing the hoodie and the lighting made all the difference.
ReplyDeleteI love your edit, great job removing the hoodie! And, I agree photography has taken a bit of a back burner right now!
ReplyDeleteThis is something we've never done here. Decorating sugar cookie cutouts is all my nerves can take!
ReplyDeleteCute shot and great edit. You made removing that hoodie look easy!
ReplyDeleteI think it's the King Arthur catalog that has a cast iron gingerbread house pan. Perfect for doing it yourself.
ReplyDeleteGingerbread houses are always better in theory than in practice, aren't they? But, hey, demolishing them gum-drop shingle by gum-drop shingle is the best part! =>
ReplyDeleteGreat photo and edit! :)
ReplyDeleteThat house looks scrumptious.
ReplyDeleteVery cute! I've never made a gingerbread house, from a kit or otherwise!
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys had fun!
Wendy