I can't place blame anywhere, though, because I too seem to have it. We all have our different reasons, and mine don't sync up with anyone else's, but still... I have it. So, I'm drinking lots of fluids and getting lots of rest to recover from it. (Does it matter if the fluids have high alcohol content? I didn't think so.)
I just want to jump in and say that one of the reasons for me starting this blog was to "find myself".... rediscover pieces of me that was lost or misplaced or even just buried under this mountain of laundry that never seems to go away. There's also not a lot of storage in this tiny birdhouse of ours, so stuff gets piled up in corners and collects not only dust, cobwebs and stray legos, but also little bits of me. Suffice it to say, I'm around here somewhere. I'm know this because I'm starting to reclaim my lost pieces. It's just a start, but it's happening. Which leaves me in limbo some days while I adjust. So, please, bear with me.
In the meantime, I'm slogging through life. We're getting by. For better or for worse. And a lot of it lately has been better. So no where in this blurb about nothing should it sound like complaining. Because I most definitely am not. That whining is just the sound of my voice. You'll get used to it. Trust me.
I just want to leave you today with a snippet of how singularly awesome my 3 year old is in his personality and development:
He's watching a Land Before Time movie this morning (hey, he's got the sniffles... cut me some slack), when he came up to me and articulately explained that if he lived back then when the dinosaurs were alive, he would go up to the bad guy and do this....
... and then he made his hand into a fist and punched me on the leg.

The flu made it's rounds in my house last week. We are still suffering with a bit of the hangover feeling you get after being sick for a few days. Hope the bug that you have doesn't last as long as the one my daughter had.
ReplyDeleteFeel better soon WackyMummy!
Hope everyone is feeling better soon. I love that he would punch the bad guys. Too cute.
ReplyDeleteI hope you all are feeling better
ReplyDeleteXoxoGapGirl
stopping by from SITS!!! Your blog is awesome!! The Christmas pic just put the biggest smile on my face!!Thank you!! My son used to love to watch the Land before time!!!Stop by and I must follow you!!
ReplyDeleteI started my blog for therapy also... i love it...
ReplyDeleteStopping by from SITS!!
So he's all boy then, eh?
ReplyDeleteSlogging instead of blogging. That's very well writ.
Sorry you've got the flu! That blows. And you're totally right. He is so wonderfully awesome!
ReplyDeleteI had to giggle at that last part! Sounds so familiar...like it could happen in our house too, lol!
ReplyDelete"...starting to reclaim my lost pieces..."
ReplyDeleteI am doing exactly that, after being stripped right down to my elements by motherhood. Not stripped in a bad way, just...reduced to the basics. Interesting to read that coming out of someone else's brain besides my own. :)