I'm just eating up all things photography right now. It's my newest addiction, and darn it, if it's fun and doesn't slam ten pounds on my hips or leave me incoherent face down in a gutter, by golly I'm going to do it!
(Dear chocolate and alcohol: I don't mean anything by it, just that overdoing it with you isn't good. Not all the time, anyways. No hard feelings, right?)
(Ahem--anyways...)
Back to Bloggography... It seems that Manic Mother poses weekly challenges (no pun intended) for beginner photographers or shutter-bugs. This week I've got some free time this morning (Hah!) and want to have some fun. And let's face it: show off some skill.
This assignment: "something in action, using shutter priority mode".
This shot was taken at a recent play date, and I was focusing on Evan's friend while they were running, moving--trying to keep him in focus. And that makes everything around him in motion, because I was trying to keep up. Did it work? I have no idea, but I like this photo.
And don't even ask about ISO or shutter speed or aperture, because I really wasn't paying attention. Maybe that is what I need to think about more. Ya think?

Very cute. My kids are always chasing each other around the house in socks too funny!!
ReplyDeleteNice shot. I'm going to have to try that series soon.
ReplyDeleteI like it too. what fun for you, something to challenge your photo appetite.
ReplyDeleteYou did a great job getting little guys on the run in focus!
ReplyDeleteI love how there is both motion AND clarity in this shot. Thanks for playing along!
ReplyDeleteGreat Photo, an action and still in one photo :)
ReplyDeleteoh, so cute, it captures little boys so well :)
ReplyDeleteLove their baggy little pants and sock-feet. And their priceless expressions, too. =>
ReplyDeleteGreat job of capturing little ones in motion!
ReplyDeleteLove this picture and love the project idea. I'm going to have to go check it out!
ReplyDeleteLove this!
ReplyDeleteGreat shot!
ReplyDeleteIt took me a very long time to do my challenge post this week because I had to figure out the ISO and shutter speed for each pic (I posted several pics). I finally figured how to do it by pushing some buttons on my camera (the pics were still on the camera card).
Ooh, I'm excited to check out this blogography?!! I'm looking for more photo assignments. Anyway, I love this photo. I love that you took the photo as it happened and yet it is great with the chair and the expressions on their faces.
ReplyDeleteISO is pretty easy; it refers to the sensitivity to light of film on a film camera. Digital cameras are so advanced that you just change the ISO to the conditions of light where you are photographing. Outside in the light, you'd have a 200 ISO whereas inside, without flash, you'd probably go up to at least 1200 ISO or higher. I hope that helps! I am trying to understand the technical aspects of digital photography myself.
OMG it is so cute! I love how you have your little one in front so clear then the rest is fuzzy so you can definitely see that there is motion going on. The colors are SO vibrant!
ReplyDeleteGreat shot.