The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Faces Captured

The challenge this week at You Capture is: faces. And let me tell you, between selling house issues to buying house issues to daily living issues to new camera practicing issues to new digital editing class issues.... Okay, so maybe it's not so much *issues* as it is dear-lord-I-don't-think-I-have-enough-time-to-breathe-today. Something like that. But luckily for me, my addiction to my new camera is strong enough to take over any spare moment in my life, and also that I can run just as fast as a typcially camera-shy 3-year-old boy. Basically that means he couldn't get away from me. So.... Yay! I'm beyond thrilled that my beautiful little boy's beautiful little face was so accessible to my camera this week. It's a rare thing.

So here they are: Faces.


Snow faces
Snow buds


My favorite face. Ever.
Funny face


Faces of... wait a minute... who are you?
And what are you doing in my yard?
All in a row


Close-up (kind of) of the faces of scary intruders. Kind of.
Backyard faces



****************************************

To see more photos, click this button:

Photobucket

23 comments:

  1. I really like the life and movement in the first picture, but the second is my favorite. He looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great family faces! Your deer captures are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that the faces you've captured are true life photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable! and those deer captures are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the first two shots ~ what a funny face your son is pulling - fantastic snapshot! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shots...I love that second picture! Very cute!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Great shots. The faces are fabulous. Deer always crack me up because the have such a majestic look of ... "what?" Gorgeous captures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that sledding picture is the best! And I love silly faces!

    I'm about to start a new photo editing class tonight! Just something else to add to my plate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely LOVE your photos! And your new header is fantastic!! LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your use of color in these! Each one is almost hypnotic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your collection of faces today :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your favorite face ever may be one of the best expressions I've ever seen! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your little guy's rosy, red-from-the-cold nose is my favorite detail. That alone shows just how much fun he was having!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This post made me smile. My parents have deer that visit their yard in the winter, and it's so cool to look out the window and see those big eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Faces sledding always make me smile--you can't be mad doing it! The deer--post them on a "Wanted" poster!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The "favorite" face is my favorite too. That's the look I usually get from my oldest when I ask him for a smile. And the deer takes me back to my hometown where they run around like crazy this time of year, eating the leftover corn. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very talented photos. Your little boy is very cute...:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, for someone still practicing with a new camera, those are some wonderful shots! Absolutely love that face of your son. It really reminds me how funny kids can always be despite the fact that we adults are always stressed and running around trying to get life all figured out. We should learn to be silly like him too :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. The colors are so bright and bring so much to the takes! Adorable faces!:)

    http://www.tellyouaboutit.com/2010/02/you-capture-challenge-faces.html

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh