The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Tummy Kiss -- Captured


The theme of the week for You Capture is Kiss.

Highly appropriate for us as we're coming to the end of a visit with Evan's daddy. You see, Evan's daddy works approximately 5,000 kms away, and can only come to visit once in a while--up to 3 months away at a time. This is hard for the little guy as he misses his daddy. And then he has to fit in all the snuggles and cuddles and kisses he can in such a short time.

In three days Evan will be without his daddy. Yes, it's rough. We're already feeling sad and forlorn. To an almost-four year old, it's going to be "forever" before he sees his daddy again. And that makes him sad.


The snuggles begin.

Daddy snuggle


Too much love to hold in... the tummy kiss!

Tummy kiss


Just being together.

Together

The snuggles and kisses help for now. And that's what he has to cling to:
His daddy and his kisses.


****************************************

For more kisses, click this button:

Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. Such sweet pics. You certainly captured the love and joy in the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are precious memories to treasure in the years to come.
    My 13 year old will still let us do that - but he is also at the beginning of the big "P" with his voice starting to crackle and he's getting taller, it won't be much longer and those days will be gone forever for us.

    Treasure them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet moment shared! Thank you for sharing it with the rest of us. My heart is breaking a little for the two of them and I am wiping away tears as I type this. Not wishing your life away, but I sure hope the next 3 months fly by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the movement in the second shot, very sweet moments.

    Hope the next three months fly by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's funny how such happy moments can be so bittersweet, too. Lovely, lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such sweet photos...hope the time flies for him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from You Capture to share some kisses

    ReplyDelete
  8. This hit one of my soft spots, and got me all teary...
    Very well captured :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Precious photos. The first one is my favorite. But so sad too... 3 months is a very long time, especially for a little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. there are tears forming... you've captured the dynamics so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that's so tough! I'm sure there will be lots of kisses and photos over the next couple of days!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely pics! I love the last one especially. Tell Evan's Daddy I said hi!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm all weepy now! Oh how beautiful these photo's are.

    Nell

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are incredibly precious pictures!! That makes me so sad that your poor little guy has to be away from his Daddy for so long. My kids hate being away from their Daddy for even a day or two let alone three months.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great moment to capture for the little one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Daddy kisses, tummy ones or not! That is great you captured and share those moments.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, they will both cherish these pictures. How rough that they have to be so far apart. I'm now conflicted--does he have your eyes or daddy's?

    ReplyDelete
  18. The last picture is incredible. Your little Evan looks so at peace with his daddy near by.

    Thank you for sharing and thanks for visiting.

    Have a great weekend.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awww, so sweet. I can't wait til my hubby gets his sons...he is so excited!

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh