Today I'm especially thankful that my son is healthy and happy, and that one of my friend's sons came through surgery successfully and is on his return to health. (Let's just keep sending positive thoughts and prayers her way in the meantime.)
What sweet joy, finding these moments in life.
It's really not that hard to find. I mean, just look at that sweet face! (But try to ignore the underwear on his head. It was a thing.... never mind....)
It's not hard to find sweetness in this face. Nor in this one:
After all, who can resist the sweet warmth of a sunbathing kitty?
On the topic of sweet... sweet foods are rather rarish in our life because I primarily don't have a sweet tooth. But there's just enough treats for everyone else. Except this one was so good that I've been sneaking too many bites out of it. But isn't that the point... take in the sweetness of life? Or in my case, the sweetness of a welcome-to-our-new-house homemade (right out of the package) chocolate fudge cake with butter cream icing.
Sweet dreams!
************************************

A very sweet post. I love the first shot, underwear and all :)
ReplyDeleteSweet dreams is my favorite picture. There is such classic sweet innocence while they sleep, eh? Great captures!
ReplyDeleteThe first shot, underwear and all, is adorable. Your son has an adorable smile!
ReplyDeleteOoooh... to much use of the word adorable. It's too early in the morning for an extensive vocabulary.
ReplyDeletelove these captures!
ReplyDeleteCake. I could soooo go for some cake.
ReplyDeleteI love sunbathing kitties :) Especially when you get to pet them and they are all warm!
ReplyDeleteI love the sweet dreams! Very cute.
ReplyDeleteI wanttttt that cake! And I love our matching kitties! :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures! I love the composition of the first one!
ReplyDeleteI love them! The light in the kitty one is perfect.
ReplyDeleteOh yum!
ReplyDeleteHe does have a sweet smile, your boy.
And don't sweat the underpants hat--my sons all wear/wore them, too. I think it's normal for them.
Great shots! That first one made me laugh!
ReplyDeleteWow, great photos, I love the underwear on the head!
ReplyDeleteGreat captures! I love the sweet dreams!
ReplyDeleteThe exposure/edit on your first shot is nothing short of pure perfection. His eyes are so bright and happy. Wonderful capture!
ReplyDeleteAnd now I want cake.
ReplyDeleteGreat shots.
Great captures! I love the underwear on the head-no explanation necessary!
ReplyDeleteOh wow!! Your pictures are fantastic!! :-) I also love your "header"?? (is that what it's called?) I don't know all the lingo. :-) WONDERFUL pictures!
ReplyDeleteI love your post... and now I want cake ;)
ReplyDeleteMmmm that dessert looks so delicious!!
ReplyDeletethe underwear! i am in love with the underwear. think about how much jollier life would be if we could all tromp about with undies on our heads. :)
ReplyDeleteand don't even get me started on that beautiful cake...
Adorable boy and adorable kitty! I think the underwear on the head is the piece de resistance!
ReplyDeleteWOW, i love your photography, especially your adaptation of the first picture. Truly an art! Oh I am with you with the grandparents...since Mason is my first, I feel guilty putting my foot down sometimes, but he is my boy! Thanks for letting me know I am not alone.
ReplyDeleteGreat post - I love the sweet little smile on your little guy :D I wouldn't have even batted an eye about the undies on the head... it is a common occurence around here!!
ReplyDeleteGreat shots! I'm intrigued by the first one...NO not because of the underwear. How did you take that? Looks really cool. And I love the kitty in the sun too.
ReplyDeletefantastic shots! i am particular to that first one... the mvmt of his arms, those beautiful eyes and sweet smile... not to mention the underwear! :) thanks for stopping by today!
ReplyDeleteThat first shot is stunning! You take marvelous photos.
ReplyDeleteWow. Love your mad photog skills
ReplyDeleteLove the impish grin on your son - absolutely precious! And the cake pic? I'll be you could hear my stomach growl! Yum!
ReplyDeleteYour so right enjoy the sweetness in the little things.
ReplyDeleteOh, I could grab that piece of cake right there and eat it up while admiring the shot of your underwear clad son all day long! Love them all!
ReplyDelete