The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Friday, May 14, 2010

Snapshots


burned in my mind...
a flicker of you
a flash
a frame
and you were suddenly there
and then there was no memory
of when you were not

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


*********************



20 comments:

  1. Aw, such sweet pictures. Love the yawn!
    It's hard to imagine life without our kids. Or that we HAD a life without them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once they're here, it seems like they have been all along doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shocking to think they're so tiny...and grow so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww! Such a sweet poem, sweet pics. I especially love the little yawn at the end. Great memory post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the last line.
    it is so hard to remember what it was even like before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so true, kids have a way of taking over your little world, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  7. "and then there was no memory
    of when you were not" - just perfect!

    So agree. And oh so CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww... so tiny! And I love the poem or thoughts that went along with the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the yawn at the end. So precious. Flicker and Flash and Wham - memories for the rest of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am fond of telling people that I can't remember what it was like without my kids. If they aren't parents they look at me with a strange and somewhat bemused expression. If they are parents they can totally relate.

    I am with everyone else--that yawn is too much! (In the cute department that is.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. is there anything as cute as a baby yawn...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its true, once they are here, it's impossible to remember a time when they weren't.

    Love those first pictures, when they are curled up still.

    ReplyDelete
  13. "and suddenly there was no memory of when you were not." YES.

    With my current baby lust, the pictures in this post made me salivate :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that top photo, and of course, the rest are just adorable too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're right. It's hard, so hard, to remember a time before children. I imagine things that must have been, a woman I must have been, but I can never really tell. And in the end, I know it does not matter so I do not try that hard. I turn to my kids and I smile. I look at old baby photos and coo.

    This wild ride of motherhood. As one other writer said, we are the memory-keepers now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi my name is Doreen. I am visiting via Mrs.4444's contest. I wrote a book. Exciting Right? Actually very bittersweet. I hope you will stop by and visit me! The pictures are absolutely precious I am on pins and needles anxiously awaiting the arrival of my newest grand daughter on May 28th(c-section); she will be number 11 and the tie breaker 6 girls, 5 boys. Don't blink because they really do grow up so fast..

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful. have a nice wednesday, other WM.

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh