The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Another Chance To Complain... Yay!


This has been one of those weeks. It's been rough. Without going into boring details, let's just say it has to do with more than one person being sick with a cold that's heading into the seventh week, chronic pain and fatigue. And shoveling. Too much shoveling of snow, which of course contributed to at least one of the above mentioned details I'm not mentioning.

Ayanna knows how I feel.

This is the life


Oh yes she does. She commiserates. It's very helpful actually to have such an empathetic cat.

"Only the floor understands me." Oh. That's not what I meant, Ayanna.

Today is a day of taking it easy. (Hah! Somebody tell my four year old what that means. Please.)

I don't know what we'll do with the day: the temperature is rapidly dropping from just around freezing and will hit -17 by this afternoon. (Also contributes to what I didn't mention above.) It's a lot of fun.

In the meantime, I guess there'll be some game playing, some tv or movie watching, a trip to the library for story time, and the ever-present Ninja Eyes will be made from time to time with berry-stained hands. (Please don't ask about the hair-clip.)

Just like a ninja


It's all about the planning.


6 comments:

  1. You go to story time when it's 17 below?? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the shoveling and the cold. Yuck. Kids never let you just curl up in bed all day do they? Sounds like a nice idea though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the ninja eyes and the hair clip!!! I hope you all feel better soon! I wish I could send some warmth up there! I would! I'd package it and mail it tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only my coffee cup understands me at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never noticed the hair clip until you mentioned it!
    17 below? I'd be huddled up in the fetal position on my floor, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you're feeling better soon, Koreen! No moss on that kid...he's keeping the hair out of his Ninja eyes!

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh