The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Friday, April 17, 2009

Digging Away

I'm really struggling this week with The Boy listening to me. And by listening, I mean actually hearing me, processing the information or request, and then following my directions. It's either a blank stare at me or "No! I won't!" It's really tiring me out.

I do have a picture to post here for Foto Friday. Something good I'm trying to direct our attention at until this Tyrannical Three phase passes: we're digging rocks out of the garden. Big rocks. The biggest. I'm not sure how big this rock actually is, but we've been at it a couple of hours, and I'm starting to fear that it might actually be bigger than our house. (Now, our house is only 850 sq ft, but that's still saying something.)



Happy Friday! May next week be soooo way much better than this week!

.

6 comments:

  1. Maybe it is a dinosaur bone! That would impress the three year old! hehe
    Best of luck, when kiddies are in that spot, it is so hard on mommies! This too shall pass . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe! I remember those days too well...

    What's going into the garden? Flowers or Veg.?

    Happy Friday to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would LOVE to find dinosaur bones in my garden, but that might give The Boy nightmares.

    I'm thinking of making a rock garden, Jack. Seriously. I want to dig up that sucker and then plant it smack in the middle of the bare spot. Ok, maybe some herbs and flowers. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a HUGE hole! Kind of impressive :)

    CATS... evil. I promise.... They are out to get me!
    It's true... at night, they sit at my window and stare at me sleeping.

    Okay... that MIGHT be a slight exaggeration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW... look at that rock & that hole! Glad you are keeping the little guy busy! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, seems to me that the uphill battle to get the boy to listen is kind of the same as the downhill battle to get that rock out of the ground...and both will eventually be over!

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh