Spring officially comes in late March, but so does snow usually, and therefore it doesn't feel like spring to me. Easter is about the time that I really begin to see the season change and feel like it could possibly become warm again, maybe. It really helps also to find a pile of hardy little crocuses bursting through the ground, growing despite the fact that just a few weeks ago the area burned quite thoroughly.
So to make a long story short: Happy Easter, Pesah, Baisakhi, Saka New Year, and a belated Happy Jalal, and Spring Equinox!

Same to you! I finally saw a few crocuses popping up in the last day or two too, so I'm feeling a little more spring-y today (even though it is still chilly...).
ReplyDeleteYay! Crocus, a sure sign warmer weather is near :)
ReplyDeleteLovely photos =)
ReplyDeleteWe have the same problem here about having to eat in the living room, and Ewok used to be a bugger for throwing his food on the floor, so we would just take it away when he started doing that, with the comment that if he was throwing around he obviously wasn't hungry any more. As for the manners, again we set the example, and then gradually insisted on them before anything happened. So if he wants something he has to say please, when he gets it he has to say thank you or it's taken away again, you're welcome he picked up on his own from me saying it to him, and pardon me was by deliberate education. I don't stop him from giggling when he's gassy, it's a boy thing after all, but I do expect him to pardon himself, and these days a hard stare from me or his Dad will usually do the trick if he doesn't say it.