Today's a milestone for me: my 100th post on this blog. Okay, so, not such a big deal. But for me, someone who in her childhood dreamt of becoming a writer, and then while growing up realizing that I actually had nothing to say... well, this is cool that I still have nothing to say and yet, here I am: writing. That rocks.
********************************
My beloved, The Boy, raised the bar on Saturday night. Just feel that it deserves mentioning here. I use Blackboard and Eluminate Live! for my online studying (yes, just trying to better myself). I had a meeting set up on Saturday night ('cause I really know how to party on the weekend) to discuss a group project with my fellow unfortunate group members. It was as if The Boy sensed that there was something important going on that he needed to be awake for; and no, I did not tell him I had a meeting because that would have kept him awake. Silly me! (I've not attempted this before without having someone else watch him for me.)
Long story short, he stayed awake throughout the rather brief (45 minute) meeting of which I have no recollection: he coughed repeatedly into the microphone, sat on my lap and played with the keyboard, cried periodically, and then pooped in his half-assembled potty in front of me which required a recess from the hugely productive (I hope) meeting to clean it up. He finished off the evening by falling asleep rather abruptly in my lap mere minutes after signing off--a full 2 hours past his bedtime. (I won't even mention that I still had a sore throat and could barely talk during the meeting... I actually think croaking is the correct term in my case.)
Still sick and desperately needing to study. (So why am I here?!) Just saying...
.
The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN
winn's window / koreen photography
- koreen (aka: winn)
- I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh
Yay! Congratulations on post #100 :)
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to reading many more posts from your blog.