Still sick... still feeling crappy. And then I got a burst of energy out of nowhere. I don't know how it happened. But I was using it to play with The Boy... jumping on his bed. I know, I know. Dumb idea. But if I'm there, nothing bad can happen, right? Right!
We had 20 minutes of good fun jumping, tossing pillows at each other, etc. He was full of giggles and enthusiasm for it. Then Nannie came by to pick him up for the afternoon so SicklyMummy could get some rest and get better. (Yeah, right!) And of course it had to happen. Of course it did. Just then, the dino that Evan carries around in his hand all day long connects with his mouth and he's off into Wah-wah land. Crying and crying. Of course, I made light of it. (After all, aren't kids always getting little boo-boo's?) Then I see the blood.
Twenty minutes of careless harmless injury-free fun, and a cut lip the moment Nannie walks in. (My poor little baby!!!) Oh boy. Am I going to hear about this now!!!
.
The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN
winn's window / koreen photography
- koreen (aka: winn)
- I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh
Better to play hard and sometimes get hurt than to not be playful, IMHO.
ReplyDelete(Dinos would say grrrrrrrrrr in agreement, don't you think? hahaha. Loved all the dino pix. Same situation here.)