The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Vacationland Part 2: Dino Museum (Probably Part 1, Too)


The family and I visited the Royal Tyrrell Museum in Drumheller, Alberta (otherwise known to us as Dino Town). It's actually quite nice, and educational (yay!), and I could have completely nerded out and spent a lot of time really getting into the exhibits. That is, if I wasn't already doing herding duty with my own Preschoolersaurus Rex.

At the museum, special security guards were posted to prevent guests from bringing in the dreaded "outside food and drink". Because you can never be too careful.


"No, Evan, the dinosaurs are statues, not chew toys." It's not THAT kind of interactive museum experience. Remember, they're watching you!


See, they're watching you. And they have big teeth!


THIS is the the interactive part.



And this: sitting on a real tree from 250 million years ago. (Wow. Dying from excitement here. Can you tell?)



And finally: real bones! An Albertosaurus from Alberta. (Hmmmm.....)


Whew! That's enough for now. Come back tomorrow for a few more pictures. We'll see what else they had there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh