The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Monday, October 5, 2009

Doctor (Seuss) To the Rescue




I don't like storms. They make my teeth ache. That's a fact. Added to my dental phobia, it's no wonder my anxiety is wilder than the lashing rain. It's truly been a weekend to forget.

But.

Evan discovered Dr. Seuss.

It feels like the heavens should open with radiant light pouring down and the angels sing piercingly sweet choruses. It's that good to put the dinosaur books aside and read the pleasant rhythmic nonsense of the good ol' doc. He wants them again and again.

He loves the Sneeches. As a matter of fact, so do I. And he thinks Horton is a hoot.

But it's really about the Sneeches.

And that's completely alright with me.

(And now for some shamelessly gratuitous photos of the boy. You know how hard it is to take pictures of a cricket on speed? I don't either. But I can imagine. Enjoy.)





7 comments:

  1. He is such a cutie. I heart Dr. Seuss too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "cricket on speed" - that is funny! Dr Seuss rocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "the pleasant rhythmic nonsense of the good ol' doc"--sounds like part of a pleasant rain. How poetic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photos are great! Dr Seuss is a must in our house. I think I can recite A Wocket in My Pocket with my eyes closed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love the Sneeches too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never read the Sneeches...must do that before time runs out (my boys are 4 and 8)! But I can definitely relate to the cricket on speed -- I once decribed my guys as bumping around the living room like bumble bees on speed -- similar concept. Must be a boy thing!

    Thanks for visiting my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, Dr. Seuss, we love him too. he is a nice break from the nonfiction about dinosaurs and sharks!

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh