The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Updates On Stuff... and Stuff

You know, I really enjoy this blog. And taking photos. And touring around the bloggy world. And I love love love reading the comments I receive.

I also love writing comments and responding. And I try to do it. Except when life gets busy. And now, life is getting busy again. I thought I had things under control when I had to drop my classes and focus on getting better (the fibro and hormonal thingy). After all, I've been kept quite occupied with that alone.

But now... now, we're listing the house. It's time to upgrade to something more than a broom closet. (Which ironically (or not), this house does NOT have.) We're now in a position to take advantage of an opportunity to do this. We were not before. We were far from it before. But time changes everything, and well, here we are.

The last few weeks have been busy and, if not hectic, then the step right before it. This week has seen a good start on the roof being reshingled (not me doing it), the house being organized and the packing started. Busy busy busy. Even though I'm not doing all the work, I'm still organizing or "contracting". That takes a lot of work and energy. Almost as much as the 200 pound wardrobe I had to move into the basement tonight. (I had a little help, so all good.)

Now I've got to get some minor repairs finished and the house will be listed as early as early next week. (Knock on wood.) I'm not stressed; it will happen in its own time. And I'm not overly excited. What will be, will be. But I am looking forward to living in a house where Evan can run more than 5 steps without having to turn around and run back. And that has been on my mind lately.

I don't think I want this too much. I do appreciate the blessings I already have: we have heat for the winter, shelter to keep us safe, food for our bellies, and people who care about us. Last winter really brought that home to me. I remember every day that even the little we have -- not everyone has this. And I feel very blessed that I have my son, the most precious gift I've ever been given. I'm so excited for him, too, that he soon (I hope) will have room even on the cold, rainy days to run.

But I feel badly that I'm not making my usual rounds and commenting like I would normally. My mind is a little bit elsewhere, and I've got a bit extra on my plate. Luckily, I'm very interested in doing it and so not procrastinating like I normally do. I will get back to everyone soon. I really will. And I'm still reading. Always.

9 comments:

  1. You do what you have to do lady :) what an exciting time!!! Good luck, try not to stress too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all get busy in our lives. We all get caught up in our lives. But we all need to interact with the outside world and that is what is the best part of blogging.So Just ahng in the will also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good...you're right, that house, as adorable as it is, is just too small for a growing boy. Any idea on your new location?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the house! And don't worry, we'll all still be here when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the house. Try not to stress too much we'll still be here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting! Busy, but exciting. Hope everything goes smoothly and you sell your house quickly :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. we'll be right here ;-) I know I will anyway!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting! I will be living vicariously through you. i love to move. ("we like to move it/move it...")

    ps the dino pics were cute, i'll show them to my dino boy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Make sure you get plenty of rest. As a fellow fibro sufferer I know that well rest is the key to keeping the pain lower. I always have the worst flare ups when I don't get enough sleep.

    ((hugs)) good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh