The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bookie


I'm not a bookie. That's someone who reads lots of books and can't get enough of books and can't wait to read more good books.

(Not to be confused with bookie or, oddly enough, bookie.)

Oh wait... no... I guess I am. Nevermind. What was my point again?

Anyways.... I like to read, don't get me wrong, but it's got to be a good book. A book that fills my thoughts and works my brain--learning new things and trying to figure out what's going to happen next. Not one wherein I'm always a step or twelve ahead, or where the "twists" are so flippin' painfully obvious that I just don't want to read anymore because I feel like I'm wasting my time.

Most importantly, the writing should be so well done that the words and phrases slip in my mind like silk, entwining my senses with the imagery and feelings and ideas they convey. It should bring me a sense of wonder and happiness, just from having read it.

As you can see, I'm not a high maintenance reader at all.
(That's sarcasm there.)

I've come upon some books recently that I've been really glad to have discovered and read:

Purchased at Chapters.ca


and


Front Cover



That's all. Just wanted to share.


5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you posted this. I'm soooo in need of a good book. I'm currently struggling to read a book that just isn't holding my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh...good bookies!

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh