The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Did You Know...


... that cyberspace isn't completely environmentally friendly? Computer servers give off carbon dioxide. Just another thing that makes me go: hmmmmm.....

So, to correct this oversight on my part, I'm joining a green initiative, which will make this blog carbon neutral. Go team!

Because I do this:


A tree will be planted in the name of my blog. And the angelic choruses will sing on high, or something like that. (Or maybe I've been thinking too much of Christmas lately. Don't know why. Happens every summer. But enough about that. I want sun!)

And guess what? I'm planting a tree, too! Go team!

Okay, so does it count if I was going to plant one anyway for aesthetic purposes? A lilac tree? It does in my book.

8 comments:

  1. That "carbon neutral blog" thing never made much sense to me. I could never figure out who pays for the tree. (?) It is a great idea for awareness anyway. Who woulda thought!?

    I agree, lilacs are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that planting a lilac tree is worth bonus points, just 'cause I love lilacs.

    I'll have to look into the whole carbon neutral blog thing. I've never given it much thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the info! I love your blog! I'm visiting from New Friend Friday. I signed up to be a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yeah, it so counts ESPECIALLY if it's lilac :)

    way to be neutral!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you joined in with this! It's a great movement.

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh