The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Water Is...

Puddled
smooth
cupped closely in it's convenient centre...

light imprisoned--
placid gems captured for our pleasure.

Offering


He splashes again.
His senses devoted only to
what he sees
what he feels;
his fingers spray the water
again at her cup.


Conservatory


I ask him,
How's the water
today?

His little boy voice
deepening suddenly in response

(this is serious business)

he answers:
Wet.


Requiem in indigo



**************************




Beth is featuring Water today at I Should Be Folding Laundry.


Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC! Pictures and poem!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wet? You bet! And pretty in a picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't decide which is my favourite picture. They're all so lovely. ox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful shots! That first one is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, Wack! I love it! The colors, the contrast, your awesome poem! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the puddle one a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this :) And I agree, I bet that water is wet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That first shot is amazing! And I love his comment... water is indeed wet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Found you through Corinne. I love those pictures. They are so vibrant and beautiful. Wonderful, really.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I love all of them. Love that first one especially I think.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! That first shot is amazing! And your words are beautiful. Love his water description. They're so literal at that age, no? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping at my blog! I am going to follow you so I can see more of your beautiful photos.

    These water photos are all so pretty, especially the last one. It's very natural.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my.... what slendid water shots :D

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh