I've seen this farm every time I come back from the city.
It's a sweet spot...
the barn tucked back against the trees,
huddled under its protective embrace...
the crop, a winter wheat...
jagged stalks hacked low, pale gold against the vivid green
of the forest that holds it,
protected.
glowing,
sun's rays thrown back into the sky
the hazy half-light of evening
stops time... for just a moment...
(the earth holds her breath)
... I make a wish.
***************************
A happy boy and his daddy
(You're welcome for keeping him quiet this morning and letting you sleep in.)
Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there. You rock.

Oh, my goodness! That first shot is amazing! Incredible!
ReplyDeleteThey're all wonderful, but I love the back lighting soooo much!
Gorgeous pictures and wonderful descriptive imagery too!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely, Happy Father's Day, glad your day was as good as our one was and hopefully every other Dad out there too!
ReplyDeleteamazing set! the first one is stunning, great ligth
ReplyDeleteThat first shot is incredible! Favoriting!!
ReplyDeleteWonderful bokeh in those first two shots. The photo of your son and his dad... priceless.
ReplyDeleteYour first shot is gorgeous, the light is beautiful and the bokeh perfect.
ReplyDeleteGreat photo's. I love the way you captured the wheat in the sunshine.
ReplyDeleteWow - the lighting on those shots are superb!
ReplyDeleteThe backlighting in the fields is awesome!!!
ReplyDeleteStunning light coming off of the field--love both pictures and poem.
ReplyDeleteThere is something really amazing about blades of things reaching for the sky. You've captured it amazingly here...like I would if I knew how to do it.
ReplyDeleteYou understand something really beautiful about the LIGHT.