The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Friday, October 1, 2010

"Is Your Daughter A Boy Or A Girl?"


Maybe it's time for a haircut?



Because something is making people think he's a girl.




There's obviously nothing boy-like about him.



What to do? Oh, what to do?!

(Was that too much sarcasm for a Friday morning?)


*** Update on the whole haircut thing: Heck, NO!!!
He likes his hair long, we like his hair long.
It's staying long.

Regardless of the weird comments we get.
Even from other 4 year old children.


8 comments:

  1. I never once looked at a picture of him and thought that he looked like anything but a boy. I like his hair too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole gender identification thing is passe anyway. Ask my 16 yo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love it when my boys' hair gets real long and shaggy too. We do keep it short in the summer because of all our dang woodticks though. Blech.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOOOVE long hair on boys. In fact, Vermont is so accepting of that trend that that's part of the reason we moved here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happened to my daughter. Some people think that she is a boy. It happened when we cut her hair short for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This reminds me of my younger brother, who had curly hair when he was two...people were always asking my parents if he was a girl (this was the mid-60's). They finally took him to the barber, and he never had curls again!

    I'd say keep the long hair if you both like it...

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my son's dearest friends would always get mistaken for a girl (same color hair as your son, too! Maybe you know this family?). Taking him to the pool with us (in his boy swimsuit and ponytail) was always a treat - watching my oh-so-conservative neighbors eye him, trying to decide what to make of him.) His hair is/was gorgeous and very long. In fact, just a few weekends ago he got it cut, very short and donated his hair (at age 7 - what an awesome kid!) to Locks of Love. Your son? Gorgeous. Long hair or short.

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh