The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Belt Ceremony


Red belt.

Belts



My favorite photo from the belt ceremony. It just speaks to me.


Respect


Ahhhh! Complete!

Complete





************************************




21 comments:

  1. Yay!! :D

    My son graded on Wednesday, so tonight he finds out if he gets his orange belt. Exciting stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don't do much with these - they are so beautiful! WOW! They speak volumes - beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shots and congratulations on the red belt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous shots! This would def be a "less is more" kinda time for editing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The picture where he is receiving the belt left me teary eyed! So sweet and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Lovely shots - can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such memorable photos and congrats on the new belt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! I think I actually love the first one the most, but they are all great. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, these are awesome! How fun! They sure won't need too much work at all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You captured such a wonderful moment...I love the way the light is hitting them. It just adds to the importance of that moment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love these photos - I'm looking forward to seeing the edited shots because these are already so great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great shots! What a proud moment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a precious occasion, and so beautifully captured. Well done, mommy and son!
    Sunshine xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love the shot where he's accepting the new belt. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great accomplishment to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi nice to meet you - what a special blog, I love it. What stunning pics of an amazing day for your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  17. 3 wonderful captures. Love the natural light striking the belts and perspective of the 1st shot. The bowing heads in the 2nd speaks volumes to me and is probably my favourite one of the 3. I bet you would've loved to have been sitting where that woman with the camera was sitting for that shot : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. How! did i miss this on Monday? oh my the second & third images are just so breath-taking, a moment definitely worth capturing Mama! Can't wait to see your edits!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the heads bowed shot, Koreen...I also really like the first one...the belts look a bit like a rug!

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh