I fully intended on a follow-up to the first bit about his birthday. I did; I really did. But then I didn't. I got busy.
(Busy is a hateful word which encompasses everything from having too much to do to fit everything in to not being able to find adequate words. Also, still recovering.)
To sum up: I was very very happy to have everyone here to celebrate with my son. However, it was too much. Even the 5-year-old agreed: "Mom, let's not have so many people next time."
In the end, I was really happy to use my floor steamer again. For some reason deep cleaning my floors makes me happy. Especially when I get all the cake off.

I'm a firm believer in the one guest for every year of age at the birthday party rule (max. 6 for me!).
ReplyDeleteI don't think deep-cleaning my floors will ever be that satisfying for me, though.
Hugs,
Wendy
Hmmmmm.... some of your posts are getting buried in my feed. I have to figure out how to fix that!
ReplyDeleteThat cake is amazing! The lava is so cool. Looks like you had a crazy busy day. I have to be honest... I hate birthday parties, especially when they are held at my house. Ugh. I'm always trying to convince the kids to GO somewhere for their birthday.
Those kid parties are hard, aren't they?
ReplyDeleteKids get more selective as they get older. Two friends, a nintendo, and pizza slid under the door.
You always have to have one big bash--but then it's easy to be more selective with the invitations in the future. All of my boys have worked that way, too.
ReplyDelete