We are OK! Just no water. Worried about 2 nuclearplants nearby.
March 12th 2:20pm
Thank you all. We live in Iwaki, please check your map so you know where we are and we are right in the middle of all earthquake, tunami and nuclearplants. It was 3 multiple earthquakes at once which cause M9.0 in historical figure. Starting tomorrow, partial blackouts to conserve energy. We've lost major power plants, including shutdown of nuclearplants for good. Now major concern is unstable nuclearplants with one reactor blowing up and another one might blow up too. Over 190 people have got radiation, we believe we will have to expect over 10000 people dead from earthquake and mainly from tunami.
March 13 5:25 am
70 percent chance of M7.0 earthquake within 3 days. Earthquakes ever 5min can't sleep. No water so I haven't had a bath for 2 days. Received water from long line up for hours. Trains stopped. Roads destroyed. Highways are only designated for emergency and supply cargo only. Gas shortage no ways to travel far by car. If I have to run, only on foot.
March 13 8:18 am
Iwaki-city where I live is 7km west from the coast, 31km from 2nd nuclearpowerplant which is safe for now, 43 km from 1st nuclearpowerplant which has 1st blown up reactor and 3rd reactor that is having difficulty cooling down. Starting today all Kanto-area will have partial blackouts for 3hours each which will minimize any activity or movement of their citizens, until the end of April.
March 13 10:58am
Thank you Sorry can't send you inidividual reply. It wasn't the earthquake but tunami that killed so many people. You might be wondering why Japanese who are used to many earthquakes and tunamis in the past couldn't escape. Reason, Tunami was as tall as 5 storied building. Speed was 10m/sec. equivalent to the semi-trucks running at you 50km/h. Tunami grabs you and everything around and pull back into the deep ocean.
March 13 4:02pm
Multiple warning! After another strong earthquakes, tunami warning and 3rd core of the 1st nuclearpowerplant has just exploded! Tunami warning said to run higher ground, Nuclear warning said to stay inside the house. Luckyly tunami was small and explosion was minor. But some workers were injured.
March 13 8:55pm
Yes, no time for kidding but his is REAL time "24" Earth shakes people hide, siren screams people run. Tunami grabs you and to top that off, nuclearpowerplant explods you hide again. You know that you are on your own for what to do.
Update, 3 people are hurt and 7 workers and self defense troop are missing.
While I report, another strong earthquake.
Just lucky to be alive at this moment.
March 13 9:23pm
3rd core today caused injury to some staff. Also American navy has received minor radiation. Now 2nd core has difficulty cooling down. I may have to evacuate but my car has limited amount of gas. No gas stand is open. I have a lot of food and enough water. Power and gas is still alive but no tap water. I want to take shower. I want to shave. Hope this is just a bad nightmare to wake-up from.
March 14 1:39am
2nd core lost all coolant dry. Worst case scenario has happened. Meltdown of the nuclearreactor. Prepare for HELL! God help us all.
March 14 5:16am
Update now they say that they have regained the coolant level. What happened was that all safeguard procedure has failed due to Superearthquake and Tunami. Now they are trying to put seater manually. And that the fuel for the pump has run out so it stopped for a while. Now the level of coolant has regained the safe level. But for how long?
March 14 6:11am
Before anything happens, I just want to say thank you watching over and praying for us. I believe Japan has experiencing the worst. Coming back economically will take decades. So if anything you can do, please help Japan in anyway you can. i ask your prayer with action! Love you guys all.
I will keep you updated as much as I can.
March 14 6:43am
In case you are wondering, why we couldn't avoid tsunami and nuclear power plant to go out of control, we were prepared for M7.0 class earthquake. But unexpected has happened, M9.0 with never-seen-before Tsunami. Later we found out that the earthquake was mixture of 3 spontaneous location. Thus superearthquake. Nuclear power plant was hit with both earthquakes and tsunami.
March 14th 6:51am
Thank you all. If possible can you ask the Government of Canada to send us FUELS! We need gas and energy to survive. I know I am asking for impossible but we don't have gas nowhere.
March 14 7:16am
Flying out Japan for good wouldn't be such a bad idea. Since I wouldn't know if I can keep my current job. But for now I have to think what I can do for this country within. Thank you for your great idea. We may have to if Japan becomes like Chernobyl.
March 14 1:13pm
The 2nd core had multiple problems. There is a crack in the outer shell which is sealing heavy radiation and keeps inner shell cool. Another bad news that there was sound of explosion inside. Now some staff are evacuating from the core. Small amount of radiation is leaking.
They released the information NOW that happened 2 hours ago.2 ...hours delay is deadly and slow.
March 14th 4:25pm
WE NEED GASOLINE! ASAP! No gas means no fuel for trucks which is the only means of circulating food and medicine. Already the circulation is shut. That means starvation. NO TIME FOR REGRET! ACT! ACT! ACT!
March 14th 6:57pm
Now the 4th core is on fire. Meltdown of the 2nd core is eminent. I was told not to go outside. There are all 6 cores in the 1st nuclear power plant north of Iwaki about 42km. The 2nd nuclear power plant is 31km north.
March 14th 7:11pm
Deadly amount of radiation has leaked.
Radius of 20km to 30km are told to stay inside the house
March 14th 7:49pm
My city had order to stay inside house. What a hell! I left Iwaki anyway. Now I am in Fukushima city, northwest of the plant. Weather is also against us, tomorrow is cold. Most refugee have NO BLANKET NOR FUEL to warm.
WE NEED OIL. Most people in Iwaki have no gas in their cars to evacuate. PLEASE TELL THE WORLD TO SEND FUEL!
March 14th 11:52pm
Taking shower in 5 days. Feels good. It could have been another kind of shower, the shower to scrape your skin off. Looking back today, I made a choice to evacuate Iwaki, even though being told otherwise. Went to screening, long lineup guys with redcross told me I haven't nuced yet. I am still alive.
March 15th 4:23am
A man found alive 15km away the coast 5 days, 2 energy drink. 2 boys washed away found a drifing boat, stayed 2 days found alive. Kindergarten teachers kids after saying goodbyes to some to their parents sudden earthquake and tsunami, went up to the 3rd floor, water reached them, kids drawn teachers held on, survived. But missing are the some left earlier with their parents. The thin line between life and death.
March 15th 5:20am
You ask "So what is it like?" I say "Earthquake, Tsunami, Radiation." What? you say. Then I go "Watch all disaster movies like "2012","I AM LEGEND","Deep Impact"" After watching all the movies there is to find say "Wow, Daisuke." I will reply, "You just sensed about 25% of what I am going through, the big difference between you and I is that you can get back to reality. I am reality 103 hours and counting.
March 15th 5:51am
Now two different earthquakes in Fukushima and Shizuoka with M6.0! What is going on?
March 15th 6:40am
I am in another line today 2 hours past to get gas for in case while hell's gates are beginning to open one by one. Listing to the radio, hearing the story, group of people escaping from Tsunami elders are behind tell youngs to LIVE, elders let the rope go, disappearing in the water. Man, tears come down.
March 15th 8:20pm
Nowadays, just like weather report, we get radiation report every hour. The unlucky area of the day is, drumroll, IWAKI where I was till yesterday.
March 15th 9:20pm
I am still waiting in line for gas. And it is snowing hard. I wonder...
The hourly radiation weather report says Fukushima-city has 18 micro-something, and it is the highest among Fukushima. What's that suppose to mean? They say there is no eminent threat to our health. Hmm tricky. Listen to what they are not saying.
March 16th 1:25am
Withdrew \100000 in cash. Waited in line for 9 hours, spent \2000 in exchange for 12.90 litters of gasoline. I might add that I went twice to get 25 litters. \155/L. It may be expensive for you, but it could save our lives. That was my 6th day. Tomorrow? Who knows.
March 16th 1:25am
God created man, man created the double-edged sword, we were sliced by it twice. We decided to use it for peace. We are sliced by it again. But we won't stop! Cause we are the only race that know it by heart. You want be like us? Can you handle what we've been through? No, you don't. But learn from us! Don't give it up what we have started!
March 16th 2:00am
Freezing cold.Over 250 thousand people and some of them with only thin blanket no heater. Some none.Still over 5000 missing trapped somewhere in ruin or drifting in Pacific ocean. Survival of the fittest or richest? Just lucky to be and over 10 thousand people are not? What've they done to deserve agonizing death? What've done to deserve life?
March 16th 1:30pm
Now all American citizens are ordered to evacuate 80km outside radius from the nuclear power plant.
I was in 42km away from it. Now I am 60km away. 20km more? Where? Well I just hope I am more resistant to radiation than them.
Meanwhile yen just hit the highest in history as stock market melted down as I know they are just figures, but ...let me say this ARE WE JUST A MONEY GAME?
March 16th 2:30pm
2367: the number of refugee facilities.
336521: the number of refugees.
13400: the number of missing and death.
Imagine by doing the math, above number divided by your city population. Go figure. In one town on the coast of 16000, 8000 are missing.
March 16 5:01pm
In Iwaki and cities around, majority of supply entering has stopped, cause most of truck drivers refuse to enter these areas. A hospital in Iwaki, 14 senior-refugees from inner area of evacuate circle are dead, due to lack of staff and medical supply.
March 16 5:04pm
URGENT! The 30 km radius area and Iwaki has NO more supplies! Due to radiation warning and shortage of gas. Please someone send them, drop them supply NOW else they will die not from radiation but from starvation! ACT! ACT! ACT!
March 16 6:37pm
*He was in a dangerous area, where there were several malfunctioning nuclear reactor sites. He evacuated to a relatively safer area, although not without its own dangers.
********************************************
Here’s a website to check out, which will direct relief efforts in our region of the world. http://www.cbc.ca/japanrelief/
The following information comes from the above-listed website:
HUMANITARIAN COALITION
Under the banner of the Humanitarian Coalition, four aid agencies — CARE Canada, Oxfam Canada, Oxfam-Québec and Save the Children Canada — have joined together to raise funds for Japan relief operations.
Phone: 1-800-464-9154
Website: www.together.ca
CANADIAN RED CROSS
The Canadian Red Cross is also encouraging Canadians to support relief, evacuation and emergency response efforts with donations to its Japan Earthquake/Asia-Pacific Tsunami fund. Wireless users can text ASIA to 30333 to donate $5 to relief efforts.
Phone: 1-800-418-1111
Website: www.redcross.ca
DOCTORS WITHOUT BORDERS
Medical and logistics teams from Doctors Without Borders were racing to the worst-hit areas in Japan's Iwate and Miyagi prefectures by helicopter, as roads are blocked by flooding. The organization relies mainly on donations to support field operations for medical assistance.
Phone: 1-800-982-7903
Website: www.msf.ca
INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND RELIEF FOUNDATION
IDRF (International Development and Relief Foundation) is in the process of making plans to facilitate a response from our supporters to the immense devastation in Japan.
Phone: 1-866-497-IDRF (4373)
Website: www.idrf.ca
Thank you, for helping our friends and fellow citizens of earth, who need help now.

Wow. That's all I can say. Watching coverage doesn't come close to these descriptions. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteKoreen, this is stunning. Nothing on the news comes close to explaining what it is really like there. My thoughts and prayers go out to your friend and all the people of Japan. Please keep us updated.
ReplyDeleteWow. I saw you posted this earlier, but didn't have time to read it. Horrible crazy. :(
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting this, Koreen...it really helps to have a human face attached to this tragedy!
ReplyDeleteI hope that Daisuke and his family come through this alive.
Reposting to Facebook...
Hugs,
Wendy
Wow...it is so far away for us just watching news reporters on a screen report it. This makes it so much closer. Praying for your friend and for so many others...
ReplyDeleteGosh, I hope your friend will be ok! I donated only $35 so far...I feel like that's such a small amount, and I'd love to donate more. Sigh...
ReplyDeleteTerrifying. They need every break they can catch and I cannot imagine how their nerves must be FRAYED with disasters compiling each hour.
ReplyDeleteThank you for this post. We will donate something. Very scary situation.
ReplyDeleteI will pray for your friend - we watch the news but don't really understand how people on the ground are affected until we read one person's account. May your friend find comfort and help in the Lord.
ReplyDeleteIt's absolutely incredible to read these updates. Praying for him... and so many others.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for humanizing this horrible and tragic time for Japan. I'm praying for your friend right now.
ReplyDelete