Today we're going to look at ... and very possibly poke fun at ... someone I've been neglecting photographically.
That's right, friends. The cat. Ayanna.
Or as I've been known to call her lately "Chubs", "Megatron", or even "Tone-Tone" (the last after our late beloved Tony who topped out at 27 pounds and whom Ayanna appears to imitate down to the last lazy flop in the sunshine or voracious eating of anything that lays in her path). All in the name of love, you know.
Nothing gets past her perky unflinching yellow eyes. She sees everything, even when you don't know she does ... and then she eats it.
She regularly trolls the breakfast, lunch and dinner table and the surrounding areas for anything The Boy might have missed. I've caught her slurping up soup and chowing down on old salad in the compost pail.
What I don't see her do, I find the evidence of muddy footprints crisscrossing the counters and stovetop - all thanks to a dash for freedom on an unusually sunny and warmish day that revealed a bit of earth under the slightly melting snow. Which, even after being accosted at the door with two adults and half a roll of paper towel, still managed to find its way to ... everywhere. (And thanks to my environmentally-minded and conservation-oriented cleaning habits, they're still there. It's all Mother Earth, right? Another story entirely....)
She loudly announces her dominance of all that is beneath, above and around her with her rumbling echoing purrs and snores.
All hail the Queen of Yellow!
Like you have a choice. She demands it.


LOL! i love these so much! thanks for the morning smiles :-D
ReplyDeleteYour can is so beautiful! Love these shots.
ReplyDeleteGreat shots! I love the one with the pink tassels. I look forward to seeing your edits.
ReplyDeleteYou had me laughing at the first line!! Especially as I sit here with a 16 pound feline on my lap, shedding another cat on to my keyboard, and making it very difficult for me to type. They are demanding, aren't they? Great shots!
ReplyDeleteLoved this post! Thanks for the laugh! And your photos are great! And although Ashley thinks your can is beautiful (that's a bit weird!) I think your cat is beautiful! :)
ReplyDeleteman, she really does have yellow eyes!! I'm not a cat person, myself, so I had no idea they could have yellow eyes!
ReplyDeleteI love fat kitties! :D
ReplyDeleteoh gorgeous pix, thanks, Winn!!
ReplyDeletehaha! love the story! these sooc shots ROCK!! my fav is the 2nd one -- w/ the back lighting! Now who's talking about not being creative??? I've yet to do something like this with Storm, I think... Now you've inspired me! :)
ReplyDeletelove these! I'm a fan of the last one (the Queen!)!
ReplyDeletei love the second one with the scarf. cute story about your kitty. :)
ReplyDeleteThose eyes! Wow.
ReplyDeleteI love this post, and the pictures are just stunning. I always love hearing about other peoples' pets; Ayanna sounds like quite the character :)
ReplyDeleteShe is a beauty! And your story is great! I'm still chuckling. :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful SOOC!
ReplyDeleteLove your kitty, and am so happy to have some words from you too, Koreen!
ReplyDelete"environmentally-minded and conservation-oriented cleaning habits" That phrase may come in handy for me sometime...just sayin'. LOL!
Hugs,
Wendy