The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Perfect Green, If I Do Say So Myself



So, I'm excited. Magic happened. I don't have the screenshots to show the magic, but it happened. I swear.

I love this shot; the pose is perfect. There something about it I love.


There's also something about it I hate. The composition is off. Part of the subject is cut off. No, not the boy, but part of the image that should be there ... the sled ... is not there.

That bothers me more than you know.

So, to fix that, I edited the photo as I normally would, then added some extra flavoring: sampling part of the sled from another photo that had a workable image, and stretching the canvas to match.

And, (as my son would say) Wallah!

Snow dance


A perfect composition.

(Doesn't he have a way with words?)


For a better look, side by side (this is the first time I've done this - more magic!):

Editing is just like magic


I'll post the other edits later, but for now.... whew!


*********************

Taken with my Canon Rebel XSi and edited with Photoshop Elements 6.







38 comments:

  1. Your edit looks perfect. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool stuff with the sampling! I've tried before with very questionable results. I LOVE your results. I agree with you, that shot is a keeper :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'd never know! It's great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how it now pops against the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOooO fabulous edit! I just love a blown background :D Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stretching the canvas was just perfect - sometimes I do that aswell. Your edit is so good now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic! That's the kind of editing I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole... but you, you rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So this is great and encouraging me to learn how to stretch the canvas and sampling when needed. I know how to sample, I just don't put the time into it.

    Thanks.

    If you get the chance, you should consider linking up your Top 5 photos of your little one with us: http://ambocullum.blogspot.com/2011/03/march-quarterly-top-5-link-up-and-give.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. cool! was that complicated? sounds it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! I'm lucky if I manage to clone anything out of photos. Bringing stuff in...you're my hero :) I need to learn this canvas stretching thing too...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I'm thoroughly impressed! I've done some work shrinking an image and playing with the cloning tool, but this is something entirely new to me. Not that that is so shocking... most of this photo editing stuff is new to me.
    :/

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooo, that is tooo cool - what a great way to improve the composition!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a wonderful job adding the rest of the sled. It is definitely a WOW photo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!!!! That's amazing!!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great edit! The snow looks white and the green just pops.

    ReplyDelete
  16. awesome! you are brave! i think you pulled it off!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! I didn't even know something like that could be done! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, fantastic edit! Love it!! I still have no idea how to do all that :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Really cool, I never would have thought to do that:)

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is seriously fantastic, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. love love love! the colors in the edit are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wallah! Beautiful! Great job on editing this -- looks perfectly natural to me! :)

    Love the bright, clean look and (now) the excellent composition!

    You rock. :) Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nicely done! You and Ashely really brought your magic this week with your edits. 'Wallah!' ... That's too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really like that, it turned out great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. sweet muse... perfect edit!!
    thanks for sharing at Shutter Sisters.... xxo, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great job! I love the green on white :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, that is amazing! what a great photoshop job and that little boy is the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great job Winn. I think I said this on Mon but I love the contrast of the green on the white.

    ReplyDelete
  29. as we say here - WAHOOO YIPPEEE YOU DID IT!

    gorgeous edit!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wonderful edit! Love the bright white of the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Nice...very tricky!

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh