Okay, okay, so enough of you are doing this that I feel sucked in:
1. I must not hear any loud noise in the morning until my first cup of coffee. My 2 year old knows this.
2. I ask my toddler if he wants to have a bath when I'm too tired to give him one, even though he might need one, because I know he'll say "No".
3. We eat almost every meal in front of the tv: it's the only way he will focus long enough to eat.
4. I forget to have my toddler brush his teeth every day. I usually remember when I brush MY teeth, late at night after he's already in bed. Like I'm going to get him up for THAT!
5. I used his birthday and Christmas money that was given him to buy him birthday gifts from me.... and carousel rides at the mall....
6. He'll wear the same clothes, as long as there's no mushy food on them, for as long as he wants. He once wore the same shirt for 3 days and 2 nights... he refused to let me take it off him!
7. He has a thick blanket on his bed that he lays on (easy to remove and clean up leaks) and another blanket thrown on top. The fitted sheet is just for show. His bed is never "made".
8. I let him watch pretty much as much tv as he wants (treehouse & pbs, and none of the annoying shows), because that's the only way I get my stuff done... and then I make him be quiet when I want to watch MY show.
9. I take out the batteries (or let them run down) in his most annoying toys and then tell him "they're broken".
10. I secretly (ok, not so secretly) love organizing to the point that I encourage him to get out all his toys just so I can put them away after. The disturbing thing is, when he puts his toys away now, he organizes them the same way I do.
The last one was probably too sick to post, but here it is. Now it's YOUR turn.
The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN
winn's window / koreen photography
- koreen (aka: winn)
- I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh
Regarding #10: When can you come visit my house?
ReplyDelete