The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Nothing To Talk About Today

When we're not wrangling dinos here, we do other things. Right now I can't remember. We have such colds! I'm so stuffed up I can't think. So, there hasn't been much to write about. I mean, just because we've seen all imaginable and unimaginable colors (for that matter) of mucus doesn't mean that particular rainbow is aesthetic. So I won't mention it.

The Boy crawled into bed with me last night, probably because he was fussy and cranky and coughing. So then, despite earplugs and another half sleeping pill, I didn't get much sleep due to unanticipated random jabs in my spine from his kicks--through the pillow I placed between us to prevent such nighttime atrocities. Being as tired and grouchy as I am now, I'm very tempted to yell at him, but it's not a good idea because he doesn't mean to be so annoying. As well, I've as good as lost my voice due to the same coughs and cold. So I won't talk about that either.

I'm back on coffee since I still have things to do and get through my regular routine. The muddiness between my ears sort of prevents any valuable contribution to my life, hence coffee to clear away the mud. I think of it as a big caffeinated shovel. I was trying to get off the joe because of the jitters, and I'm not entirely happy about being sucked back into the necessity of drinking this dubious brew (especially because I don't even like the taste) so I'll probably just skip over that subject altogether.

On the upside, The Boy is in such a kissy mood: he wants to give me and everything else (especially dinos) kisses. He even wants to kiss the cat, but can't because she will scratch him. There is the aspect of spreading germs through his demonstrations of affection, so I shouldn't really discuss that here.

So, as you can see, I have nothing to talk about. How about you?

************************


Almost forgot: first day of the month, so...

Rabbit! Rabbit!

Now good luck will follow!



.

3 comments:

  1. Having a Hysto has cured me of coffee -- Sadly it makes me completely nauseous (spelling ??brain doesn't seem to be working this am).
    Hope you are feeling better soon!! It is terrible having a cold and still having to get things done. Take some time to relax and allow yourself to get better.
    And for having nothing to talk about, you sure had a lot to say :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you both feel better soon, hugs.

    Ewok is just over 2.5 yrs old, he'll be 3 in Sept.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a nasty bug making its way around these parts. I was under the weather last week but It didn't last too long. Hopefully you both will be feeling better in no time at all :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh