Summer is officially over. For me, that is. Yes, I've finally accepted that cooler weather is here to stay and by mind power and will power alone I cannot prolong my favorite season. So, I accept that it's fall. (I have trouble with change, here... cut me some slack.)
I will revel in autumn's loveliness and embrace the crisp breezes.
And I will rake all 803, 719 leaves.
But most of all, as I unashamedly skip through the fall holidays (Thanksgiving, Hallowe'en, yadda yadda yadda), I look forward to that which (almost) makes winter bearable: Christmas.
You might have noticed that in saying goodbye to summer I've added a Christmas counter.
Because that is the next best thing.
I don't want the autumn to speed by; I want to savor every moment of anticipation and preparation for Christmas. The fun of decorating, planning, even the occasional baking.... Most of all, though, I love the surprises that are in store for my little man.
That is what is going on in the wacky little mind of me.

I love Christmas too.
ReplyDeletethe thought of autumn and Christmas make me think of yummy smells like cinnamon and pumpkin spices..... and hearing the crunching of leaves while little feet rustle through them.... yes - it's my fav time of year!! Christmas decorations to follow.... the little ones just glow at Christmas!!
ReplyDelete