The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Getting Ready To Move On


I feel it in my gut this morning more than ever: moving.

One of my labels I've used often in this blog "getting ready to move on" just doesn't say enough about it. I've needed to go for some time now... even years. I've kept that knowledge very close to me, deep inside where it doesn't sting so much... where I can't see it every day. Sometimes, I've kept it too close, and almost forgotten... Out of sight, out of mind: one of the truest things ever.

But then every now and then it rears its ugly head to bite me square in the @$$. And I'm back on board and can't get myself in gear fast enough.

So here I am this morning, looking at the mess around me, feeling the sting more than ever and almost unable to catch my breath because of it... all I can think about is countdown. Number off the days, and while it won't make the time speed up, it will keep my eye on the prize and not completely lose my mind. Or my temper.

I hope.

A year ago, things looked much different to me: I had different goals, different processes, a different outlook. Some things I thought would never get better... other things I had given up on. There was a different direction which I hoped to take and make things good... abandoned now.

Those things are what they are, and time changes everything. While I'm not sure I have hope yet, and I do dread the adjustment period that will happen after we relocate (more for Evan than myself), I have hope that I can someday have hope that these differences will make a difference.

You know?

But, just so I don't bring y'all down too much and to cheer myself up, I've got some photos of the cousins with which to assault your ever-lovin' senses. After all, there's no such thing as too much cute.


Lovely baby-toes

Daddy's hands



Am I right? Or am I right?


14 comments:

  1. The kids are adorable. Lovely shots. Hope the move comes quickly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! That little lamb is beautiful! -- Those other kids are not bad to gaze on either :)

    I really hope this move works out for the best for you. The last time we moved, we picked up from a place we had beenand loved for almost a decade, surrounded by friends that we thought we could not live without.

    Turns out, the world didn't end, and those friends are still our friends -- they're just a little farther away. And the new place turned out to be more of a blessing than we could have imagined.

    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He will be fine. Pinky promise. You'll have so much fun discovering your new digs together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kids often adjust easier than adults do--have faith!

    And MAN, that's almost too much cute for me to bear! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right--tooo adorable

    be brave (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh. Your kids are SO so SO cute. And the lamb outfit is ridiculously sweet. Everything will be ok! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're going with your gut and doing what you know is right. That is huge. Everything else will fall into place. (And you'll always have your camera for instant therapy if you're down!) =>

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, if there is such a thing as too much cute, you were getting dangerously close to it with all of those pictures. :)

    I sincerely hope that you will find a wonderful home and community in your new place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know that Rascall Flats song, "Moving On"? I've had that running through my head since I sent you an email right before I read this.
    It'll work out, it'll be crazy for a while, but it'll be good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like to think of it as evolving. Like we're constantly evolving. This makes me feel better, anyway. I'm always about 30 minutes from totally freaking out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It will be okay. Aaron adjusted very well to moving when he was around 3. Evan will be fine! and you will be relieved. It's all good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ok, the kidsare cute...but those slippers, I love those slippers. Wonder if I could get them in an 11 adult...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything will work out.........

    And the pics are beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy cuteness in a fuzzy lamb suit.

    "A year ago, things looked much different to me: I had different goals, different processes, a different outlook."

    About this...I look back over the last five years and nothing seems to have worked out the way I thought it would. And yet, everything is exactly as it should be now. It's so hard to see, though, when you are in the moment, the minutes passing slowly and your mind drifting through everything.

    Good luck. Lots of good good luck.

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh