The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Moments Of Clarity - Captured


Moments. Precious, one of a kind moments. The kind you don't see coming, but just happen. The kind that can't be manufactured.

I've been having a lot of the other kinds of moments lately, and had no intention of participating this week, because who really wants to see WackyMummy pulling her hair out? I certainly wouldn't! And I'm sure I didn't want to share my beautiful boy's "special" moments of whining and tantrumming. Not that it happened a lot. Nope. Not around here.

But then, this morning happened. The sun came out and somehow I achieved moments of clarity... moments of courage. Not everyone in my life will be grateful for this, as I'm going to have to say things that I should have said long ago. But I, for one, am grateful.

And other moments happened. Moments that make everything worthwhile. Like my precious boy's "bum dance" moment. Of course, you can't get the full effect without video, but you get the idea. He knows how to stick it out and wiggle it.

Bum dance


The moment of us together, playing, laughing, tickling. A moment of joy.

Moment of us


And then there's the dam water. (Hee hee. I just like saying it.) Yes, I stopped my car on the dam bridge and captured a moment where the water is wild.

Water


Slowing down the moment brought me this:

Water 2


But somehow, I think I like the first one better... where the water is a flowing mass all blurred together into softness and light, kind of how things look to me today after I found my courage.

The future is bright, people. It just takes a moment to see it.


************************************

There are more Moments this week at I Should Be Folding Laundry

YouCapture_150x185

22 comments:

  1. Love the tickle moment! Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so pretty. Your days sound wonderful. Our days with our babies are magical, aren't they? Just magical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you found some wonderful moments in the midst of the craziness. The first shot of the water is my favorite too.
    I hope your day/week is full of wonderful moments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those moments are the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! Sammy does a butt dance too...do all little boys have those? cute. Wish I could see the video.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the flowing water too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, I like the first water picture the best as well. And the one of him laughing, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also like the longer exposure dam water shot. That is fun to say! It just looks so magical and dreamy. Remember that "pulling your hair out" moments pass as well, you'll get through it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great captures, seriously.

    I love the first water shot as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this post. Such a beautiful reminder of the importance of even the simplest moments in our day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely photos. I especially like the bum dance.

    Thanks for dropping by my place today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh the dam water....LOVE IT!! I looked at your blog for a bit... love your take on things. Did you take the pictures of the baby ... so very precious. Your son is adorable too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We never have any of those whining and tantrum moments at our house either! Definitely not... in the last 5 minutes. Love the water shots! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great post, great photos, and what a great smile!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your dam pictures are great - both fast and slow moving! And your son has a gorgeous, happy smile. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the Batman jammies and that big smile. What a moment! =>

    ReplyDelete
  17. isn't it amazing how some days everything just feels like it will be ok???

    I loved your photo's of the {dam} water - my favorite was the soft one too -
    thanks for stopping by and leaving kind words -
    looking forward to reading more of your "moment"s.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I like the first water shot better too! It almost looks like a painting...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Water always photographs well, but you make it exceptional.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mmm...I love moments of clarity. It seems they always break through the ordinary, surprising us, maybe reminding us, of what's really important.

    Loved your post. Come on over for some mom inspiration and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's a cute superhero you've got. What sweet moments!

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh