The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Life On The Rocks


Evan likes being four. He's talked about it non-stop since he turned four on Friday. He's proud to be a big boy. Of course he's expected a lot of changes that are just not going to happen. So, four is also the year of disappointment. "Mom, I'm four now, I'm a big boy... I get to stay up late at night now." (Ha!) Keep those dreams alive, my boy; they'll take you places!

Four!


At Peggy's Cove, near Halifax, Nova Scotia. Yes, there are big rocks. And smaller rocks for throwing. But most importantly...

On the rocks


... there are your (dino) friends that never leave your side. So life is good.

Looking back


A birthday AND spring... does life get any better?!

Peggy's cove




********************************

Go see what everyone else is up to at Weekly Winners, hosted by the ever-talented Lotus.

Weekly Winners Information

27 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to visit Peggy's Cove. Love the pictures.
    Four is a great year. So many changes and developments. I am sad to see 4 leave (in a couple of days here). Eirik is feeling those same sorts feeling about 5 as Evan is sharing about 4. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at Peggy's Cove...oh my, so long ago I won't even tell you when...but I loved it. What a beautiful and special place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring AND a birthday? No... it doesn't get any better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so cute! I love the picture of that lighthouse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A belated Happy Birthday! He is a very handsome young man.

    Love the lighthouse shot, the contrast of the white against the brilliant blue sky is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been to Nova Scotia, but those rocks remind me of one of my favorite places, Schoodic Peninsula in Maine. In fact, that's where I'll be spending most of my two week vacation in August. I love it there and so do the kids. Throwing rocks is a big favorite pastime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a great place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Four is a great age!! But I agree, never as grown up as they want to be (from years of teaching preschool ;) I LOVE that lighthouse photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lighthouse and the rocks are stunning!!
    Your pictures make me want to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a beautiful place to visit! Love the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The first pic is wonderful, as is the lighthouse. Happy 4 to him!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely - first and last shots both make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So does that mean eight is like, middle-aged?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great photos! What a wonderful place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That last shot is brilliant!! Love the composition and the colours

    ReplyDelete
  16. Evan is just beautiful. That last shot is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You mean he can NOT stay up late? LOL! He's cute!
    I love that lighthouse!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fynn would be in heaven with those gigantic rocks!! (and the dinosaur friends...)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I absolutely LOVE Lighthouses! What a beautiful shot!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What gorgeous pictures and such a precious "big boy!" Happy Day to your 4 yr. old!

    ReplyDelete
  21. a sweet lighthouse..not my favorite, but very nice.
    and a very sweet little bog

    ReplyDelete
  22. Spring and a birthday sounds perfect! I hope he had a wonderful one!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow. Your pictures of that outing are gorgeous. So cute. It's funny because I would be SO happy to fall into bed at a bedtime like 8 but kids...well, they just hate that!

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh