The most sacred thing is a child's innocence;
his trust the most inviolate.
~ KN

winn's window / koreen photography

My photo
I'm a hobbyist photographer, a school counselor, a health junkie, and a mom. But above all, I'm just a woman living my truth. My biggest happiness in life is to savour each moment while it happens. That's all. That's everything.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Reaching - Captured



Evan is getting over an ear infection, and that means taking medicine. Antibiotics. Which I'm against on principle, and he's against on taste. (He needs it, so I do it.) He's not quite as philosophical as I am though, and it's a bit of a bargaining session to get him to take it. So, I bribe him. Yep. Sign me up for mother of the year. He takes the medicine, I give him candy. See? He can even reach it.

I can reach it, Mom!



It's been a while since Chloe went outside... she's not a cold-weather cat. At all. Period.

Today found her outside -- reaching for the sun. It's about time, I say. She's been cooped up for too long. She thinks so too.

Good morning, Chloe



Finally, we're on the right track. We're packing up. Or should I say, I'm packing up. Let's face it: Evan's not really all that much help with this. He's more of the "let's get all the toys out and play with all of them all at once... cover all the floor with little cars and big dinos and random nameless toys so that we can't step anywhere without hurting our feet and crying and.... why are you pulling your hair out, Mom???" No, I'm just focusing on reaching for the future.

The future


Which reminds me of an old song by Carolyn Arrends that has been swimming around in my head for the past few days:

"We are reaching for the future
We are reaching for the past
And no matter what we have we reach for more
We are desperate to discover
What is just beyond our grasp
But maybe that’s what heaven is for"




*****************************

Reaching is featured this week on I Should Be Folding Laundry

YouCapture_150x185

32 comments:

  1. Ooooh, the cat shot is great!

    Hope your son is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the house! We just got an offer on ours last night...and we are REACHING for good ending to this selling madness and for new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cat shot! Hope you are all feeling better soon and good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots! Love the one of the cat...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Great capture of Chloe! Animals are sometimes hard to capture well in general, and then cats? Well, they're a whole 'nother story! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh. I LOVE your Chloe picture. She is a GORGEOUS kitty. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that Carolyn Arends song. Keep reaching, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cat shot! It's beautiful. And I have to laugh at the first one. I've been bribing mine with candy to let me put the antibiotic drops in his eyes for pink eye! Good to know I'm not the only one using that parenting technique:).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bribe. It's gotta be done from time to time! And, oooooh, your sweet stretching kitty made my Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pic of Chloe! I have a dog named Chloe. And hey, nothing wrong with bribing every once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved this post--especially the quote to go with your lovely pictures. Loved the cat reaching for the sunshine :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a cool picture of your cat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am SO in love with that picture of your kitty! Just expresses completely how we all feel when the weather starts to warm up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful post and great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey there! I did my first you capture today! Love yours! I totally get the candy one. My kids find all of my hiding places! and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the last one :).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the kitty picture! Good luck with packing. I did it last Summer. OY!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the cat photo! I always have trouble getting my pet shots to turn out right.

    And I feel you on the moving frustrations; I'm already tearing my hair out and we haven't even started packing yet!

    Amy @ www.wonderfulworldofwilfong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the cat !! It's a wonderful shot.

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the cat shot. and congrats on selling the house. best of luck with the move and i hope the ear infection clears soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I bribe, too. Love your kitty pic :) Oh and congrats on the move chica!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love these! your cat photo is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the shot of your cat! And I don't see anything wrong with bribery-we used to put on the Wiggles or Dora to get our kids distracted for their medicine!

    Congrats on the house sale!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm all for a well placed bribe, you do what you have to do, right?

    Great photos, especially the kitty, but I also love the bright, happy colors of the sold sign.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this post - about reaching for what is just beyond. And so artfully illustrated with pictures, too. Good luck with everything that is going on with you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, great cat shot. You are one week short of PW's Cat Picture contest. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your kitty is gorgeous!! Good luck with the packing and moving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Poor buddy. But sometimes a little sugar helps the medicine go down. And the occasional course of antibiotics is fine. It's just the kids who are on them 6 times a year who have trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Annabelle can reach her snacks in the pantry too, which is a good thing and can be hard to manage too sometimes.

    I just love the photograph of your cat. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I'm tickled you dropped by! Leave a link to your email or webpage so I can respond. Thanks for chatting!


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh